How Do I "Factory Reset" My Tablet?

dark0424

Jul 29, 2015
How can I factory reset my coby kyros mid7042 not rooted if it says failed to unmount /data ...and it can wipe datq

Dazed and Confused

Aug 18, 2015
Proscan PLT7810K
The external reset does not work. Here is how to reset..Go to your Settings, then go to Backup and Reset. Under Personal Data click on Factory data reset.

JWH

Aug 28, 2015
Please help me! I'm new here and have been searching for hours how to reset my irulu AK304 password! I forgot it and cannot figure this out!

I've been locked out of my Irulu Xpro X1 for months, and tried absolutely everything possible to factory reset it. Finally ran across this info and it worked like a charm! May possibly work for the AK304 as well, but be advised it is a factory reset so you will lose your data.

China tablet pattern unlocking software | My Tablet Guru

.....took all of 10 minutes and I finally have my tablet back! Hope it helps.....

cloud62758

Sep 24, 2015
This thread is intended to gather the many "Factory Reset" replies scattered all over the forums into one location. Hopefully, this will be a community effort and you'll participate if you can.

If you know of a procedure that works for a particular tablet (that the example in the second post does not work for), please post it in the same format as the second post for consistency. Place the Make & Model of tablet on the first line to make searching easier. Your "reward" for doing so will be the gratitude of anyone who uses it successfully and hopefully some clicks of the "Thank" thingy in your post. You'll also have the appreciation of the Forum Staff.:eek:

This is a thread for ANSWERS NOT QUESTIONS. Questions belong in the forum for your tablet or, if there is no forum for your tablet, in the Q&A section. Any questions posted here may be deleted without notice by the Forum Staff.

Note: Anyone using one of the procedures below should be aware that ALL personal data will be deleted from the tablet as part of the process. (If your tablet has a MSD card, I'd recommend removing it as well. Just in case.)

Edit: I've come across many recommendations to try a "Soft" reset, before resorting to a "Hard" reset such as the ones in this thread. Most say to hold the Power button in for about 20 seconds or until the power menu appears (Power Off if you get the menu.), Then wait about a minute before powering on again. Couldn't hurt, worth a try to avoid losing your stuff.
How do I reset Chromo INC 7" Tablet Google Android 4.4? I am trying to get rid of my personal data on it

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Since the tablet is running, you should find an entry in the settings that will reset the tablet for you. It should be similar to the procedure in post #54 of this thread.

steve85

Oct 23, 2015
Tablet Make & Model

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.
Then try to press different hardware buttons until you are given a list of options.

Note: If Volume Up and Power doesn't work, try Volume Down and Power.

Credit Just about everyone:rolleyes:

retter259

Dec 29, 2015
i have a Contixo Kids LA703 and can´t do the reset factory. i´ve tryed "press and hold volume up and power buttons" as the manual but nothing happens. It has battery and of course it´s turned of. Anyone can help me?

boyam99

May 9, 2016
For irulu tablet
tablet must be off
hold volume +
press power while holding volume +
keeping pressing until you get to recovery menu
use volume button to navigate the menu

MrGaribaldi

Apr 20, 2015
Lenovo A8-50

Power button and up volume just like this:

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.
Then try to press different hardware buttons until you are given a list of options.

Except in my case, the tablet locked on startup and I couldn't turn if off. So I did the reset with the tablet ON. It still worked.
So don't panic. I did the reset and re-established everything including logging onto my network while watching tv. And I never had to do this before. Baptism by fire. I will add that Google had many of my settings on the cloud, so things went rather smoothly.

fsmanchies

Feb 14, 2017
Nexus7 2013

1. Go to Settings > Backup & reset.
  2. Touch Factory data reset.
  3. Touch Reset tablet.
  4. If your tablet is password protected, you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
  5. Touch Erase everything to confirm.
Is this method secure? I heard the data could be recovered with this method.