[How To] Access Nook Color SD Card over WiFi !

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
11x011099.jpg

:DWell blow my horn and call me Louis!:D
I've been futzing about with WiFi File explorer for hours! This is bloody brilliant!
Thanks AVI! Beautiful

Tigagreen

Feb 22, 2011
AVI, Thank YOU! Now I can just leave my USB cable with the Power adapter. I've had the NC for two days.. never thought it would be such a useful device. I've read alot of posts this week and this was so useful I had to say Thanks!

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
- Remote desktop does the job wireless for me for moving files towards the NOOK (didnt find way to do the opposite though)
- NookcolorUMS is the solution for direct cable connection

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
@Tigagreen & LocalStain - Glad it worked guys !

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Is there a way to use this to save *.apk files to the SD Card and install them on the NC from there? Or do all the *.apk files need to be on the Android System folder to install?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yes, you should be able to copy any .apk to the root of the SD over wifi and install it from there. It's called side-loading. The system will install the apk to the internal memory..

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
So I just noticed that this is only for your INTERNAL SD card... not the EXTERNAL that you can remove... I ejected my SD card expecting to see all the crap I put on it but nope... It was still empty.

Any way to access the EXTERNAL SD card without putting it in your PC?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
I am not exactly understanding your query. Can you be more clear ?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I am not exactly understanding your query. Can you be more clear ?

Samba only gives you access to the SD card that is preinstalled in your NC. AKA the Internal Storage.

Samba does not give you access to the SD card you put in the Micro SD slot.

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Nope. Samba gives access to SD Card which is installed in card slot. It won't give access to Internal storage or eMMC. Check again :)

And if you want to access to Internal storage via WiFi, then check my adb post.

Hope we are clear now.