Access files on NC w/WiFi (rooted users)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I recently started using Remote Web Desktop on my Droid, and gave it a try on the NC today:

Remote Web Desktop - Android app on AppBrain

The idea is that it enables other devices connected to your router to see the NC, and to communicate with it via a web interface:

$Clipboard01.jpg$Clipboard02.jpg

One of the nice features in the free version is that you can transfer files (max 2 files at a time under 10MB) between a PC and your NC. Not sure it's any faster than digging out your USB cable and doing it by wired transfer, but it's nice to have another option.

Another nice feature is "Wallpaper" which allows you to navigate to an image on your PC (or a web URL), click "Set Wallpaper" and in one step you're done!

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
You mean the Nook sub-forum, right? Just head back up to:

Nook

And look for the Home button in the upper-left corner (under the android robot)...trace your way down, and near the top of the thread list you'll see a black button with "+ Post New Thread."

-Matt

bradgreene

Aug 3, 2010
I myself has been using SAMBAFileSharing apk from the market. It's free and I'm very satisfied with how it works. Basically it lets your other PC's connected to your home network to see the NC (only the SDCARD). I use it to transfer Handbrake converted video files from my Win7 PC to the NC.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I seem to remember that Win 7 machines don't need a separate samba server, right? I assume your app automatically detects shares on the Win 7 network? Oh wait...I've got it backwards! The NC is the server!

-Matt