How to extend battery life

RoboRay

Feb 13, 2011
I did get a chance to read it... seems most people are now of the mind that this has NO effect on our nook since there's no actual cell/telephony hardware. So don't bother with it.

This is correct. Controlled testing (with all other variables such as app usage and other system changes precluded) found no actual difference in battery life due to making this change. The change to the battery consumption report is purely cosmetic, with the "Cell Standby" percentage being simply added to the "Phone Idle" percentage when the phone .APKs are disabled.

Some of the other issues that only only affect some NC users appear to also result from disabling these APKs, but that has not been conclusively demonstrated.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
So,let's forget about removing cell standby service. Other ways anybody to extend battery life? I already installed set CPU and a widget that let me dim the light quickly but I get only 7hours continuous internet surfing.Everybody else is talking sbout 16 hours or so. I know Facemam that you don't know but may be somebody else does. I also cleaned up my nook a lil bit. In the excitement of the after rooting I got so many apps. I got ridd of so much now that my nook looks like a non-rooted nook. All for the sake of having a long lasting charge.

Gloria (owner of a rooted nook that looks like a non- rooted nook

Stumblethru

Feb 12, 2011
I followed Rico's guidance in setting up SetCpu but I don't see the reasoning for setting the 'Battery Charging/Full, Max' setting at 300 when the <50, Max setting is 600 and the <30 is 300.

BoloMKXXVIII

Jul 27, 2010
Pretty simple suggestion but if you are using live wallpaper it seems to draw a lot of power. I changed to a static image and the battery life seems to have dramatically increased.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
You are right about the live wallpapers... I had fun with them once and then I gave them up but there are so many beautiful wallpepars to choose from anyway. Did you check my thread- just screenshots- where everybody is showing what they did with their screens...I 'dblike to see yours too, Bolo.
Gloria