How to flash/upgrade firmware?

ewinkley

Nov 12, 2010
Just bought this device, and noticed an upgrade available on the mfg's website - but cannot find instructions. Can someone enlighten me as to how to perform the upgrade? I assume you copy the *tar.gz file to the internal SDCard, reboot into recovery (?). TIA.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
What are you trying to upgrade to? There is nothing past 2.1

ewinkley

Nov 12, 2010
There is a file download on the mfgs website.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Johnboyjr

Dec 28, 2010
From that page

" Download the firmware you want, extract it and copy the entire folder called"dload" to a SD card, put it in your device and re-boot. You will see the ROM"dload" to a SD card, put it in your device and re-boot. You will see the ROM upgrade in process and at the end you will see a OK message. Take the card upgrade in process and at the end you will see a OK message. Take the card out and reboot, the only way you can is by removing the battery. You are al set. If you forget to take the card out it will go back into the ROM upgrade mode. Reply * Rep"

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
From that page

" Download the firmware you want, extract it and copy the entire folder called"dload" to a SD card, put it in your device and re-boot. You will see the ROM"dload" to a SD card, put it in your device and re-boot. You will see the ROM upgrade in process and at the end you will see a OK message. Take the card upgrade in process and at the end you will see a OK message. Take the card out and reboot, the only way you can is by removing the battery. You are al set. If you forget to take the card out it will go back into the ROM upgrade mode. Reply * Rep"
Johnboyjr
Just a small point.
The firware that I downloaded extacted without a dload folder and to anyone who gets to that stage just create a new folder call dload in the root dir of your sdcard.You need to copy UPDATA.APP and unlmt.cfg into this folder.
Important note.
DO NOT COPY once.cfg

If you do then the update will write version number into the OEMINFO area of the device and
NO FURTHER UPGRADE WILL BE POSSIBLE
You have been warned and I think this info deserves a bold sticky!