Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
A very large difference......

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum App

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
there are way more apps probably at least 10,000 more

Okay I may have stretched that a little but there are a ton more.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There should be a non-ugly way to get the market working. I might start from a ZT180 system dump or a Flytouch II dump since they are similar units in terms of hardware.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
someone had started on a non ugly hack over on slatedroid and it just kinda went quiet.

RONJAWS4

Dec 1, 2010
bigwooly,

Thanks for the instruction in this thread. I also receive the green screen, but the menu screen bypasses it.

I have the market loaded and I can browse apps to download, but every app I try says "download unsuccessful". I am going to try to recover and try again. I think I may have mistakenly upgraded to 2.02 prior to following your instruction.

Thanks again.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
2.02 wipes this off the device anyways and you have to reapply it.

it sounds like your androidID didn't get injected properly try running this in either adb or terminal on the device

adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "select * from meta";

if you run it in terminal take away the adb shell part

if this returns a 0 or anything that isn't an exact match to yours then you need to redo the step to inject your android ID you pulled from your emulator

Code:
adb shell sqlite3  /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta  set intvalue='ANDROID_ID_HERE' where name='androidId'";

don't forget to replace the 'ANDROID_ID_HERE' with your androidID you do need to leave the ' in front and behind the number

Last edited:

Redundant

Jan 2, 2011
Thank you big time!

I got the Sylvania because budget/features, and I haven't been sorry - but wanted the market... Once I got past the sqlite3 problem, with <> adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps /databases/accounts.db <> and <> sqlite3.exe accounts.db "select * from meta"; <> to get my androidid all was golden. Everything else worked as described, and my market experience has been great!

I am running the LiveHome launcher from the Android Market, and I like it a lot better than the stock one. Previously I had been using other markets and side-loading apps, but the real thing is the best.

Thanks again.

Ablepharous

Dec 20, 2010
I've got everything working except when I try to download anything from the market it sits at "starting download". I've tried every solution that is on the Google Android support forum with no luck. Any suggestions? I've checked my Android ID and it is the same as the one I wrote down. I've also changed the ID to a new one with no luck.

joesat78

Jan 16, 2011
Ablepharous, I have the same problem - when I try to download any app, it gets struck at "starting download". I've tried the reset and reinstall at least 3 times - to no avail. Someone suggested that I create a new gmail account instead of an existing one - but, it doesn't work.
Did anyone successfully overcome this problem in this tablet?
Btw, did you try to download the market apps in a public wifi? I haven't tried this. But, I did look in my router configuration for any blocked firewalls, ports, etc but couldn't find anything that could cause this.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Found these steps somewhere along the way that worked for me.

If you're having trouble getting the Android Market to work, regardless of what firmware your running, this should fix it! Mine also updated to the Newer version of the Market.

Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications
Press Menu/ filter/All

1. Checkin Service -clear data
2. Download Manager -clear data
3. Market -clear cache
4. Reboot

Let us know if this does the trick for you, if so it should be a FAQ

Ablepharous

Dec 20, 2010
cfrockit: Tried all of those steps didn't work.

Joesat78: Haven't tried on a public wi-fi yet, might have to make a trip to McDonalds.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
2.02 wipes this off the device anyways and you have to reapply it.

it sounds like your androidID didn't get injected properly try running this in either adb or terminal on the device

if you run it in terminal take away the adb shell part

if this returns a 0 or anything that isn't an exact match to yours then you need to redo the step to inject your android ID you pulled from your emulator

Code:
adb shell sqlite3  /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta  set intvalue='ANDROID_ID_HERE' where name='androidId'";

don't forget to replace the 'ANDROID_ID_HERE' with your androidID you do need to leave the ' in front and behind the number

@ joesat78
and
Ablepharous

an invalid android id is the most likely cause of this issue. Also if you don't reboot the tablet after injecting the id it will do what you are describing. (i used do this alot the process is long and painful and it seems i always forget to reboot)

as i stated in a previous post somewhere else in the sylvania forums my son stepped on my sylvania after being done with "angeeeee birdiessss" and broke the digitizer portion of the touchscreen so my tablet can now only be used with a keyboard and a mouse connected. I'll try to keep up with this thread as best as i can but if it takes me a few days to respond i apologize.

let me know if you get it working. the steps listed work if followed step by step. skip nothing or you will most likely end up with a non-working market.

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
@ joesat78
and
Ablepharous

an invalid android id is the most likely cause of this issue. Also if you don't reboot the tablet after injecting the id it will do what you are describing. (i used do this alot the process is long and painful and it seems i always forget to reboot)

as i stated in a previous post somewhere else in the sylvania forums my son stepped on my sylvania after being done with "angeeeee birdiessss" and broke the digitizer portion of the touchscreen so my tablet can now only be used with a keyboard and a mouse connected. I'll try to keep up with this thread as best as i can but if it takes me a few days to respond i apologize.

let me know if you get it working. the steps listed work if followed step by step. skip nothing or you will most likely end up with a non-working market.

I agree. I had several issues that prevented me from getting market to work. 1st off I used an app called Android ID Changer on my Android phone, but it gave me the Hexadecimal number instead of the decimal so it would not work. Also, not rebooting after injecting the ID held me up. After I corrected both of these issues, life has been a lot better. I did revert back to the factory image each time I tried a new ID as well.