How to Get a Working Google Market

Ablepharous

Dec 20, 2010
bigwooly: Finally got it working. Had to get new AndroidID 2 or 3 times. It finally worked.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
bigwooly: Finally got it working. Had to get new AndroidID 2 or 3 times. It finally worked.

Make sure you save the one that works. It makes your life going forward way way easier.

joesat78

Jan 16, 2011

Thank you for the tip. Yes, I got a new Android ID, and just updated the Android ID in the 1/2 working market, restarted the tablet and when I tried to start market, it crashed and closed. I couldn't get it up and running.

So, I redid the process from scratch by resetting it to factory. This time I added the new Android ID and the market started working. For anyone having this problem, please get a new Android ID and try again. This problem is related to the Android ID

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
Ok, been reading this how-to and can't seem to get passed the (slide to open keyboard) so that I can enter my Gmail information in the emulator. :confused::confused::confused:

How the heck do you get the keyboard to work?!?!?!?
**edit**
Switched interface to one with an external keyboard *facepalm

Doing all this for the Sylvania tablet, this thing feels like Sylvania ripped apart the Droid OS and put it together with crazy glue. How could someone justify shipping a product with such a buggy OS?!?

**Edit**2
Yeah... I used the EXACT link that the second crappy tutorial said to use. (they didn't even provide a link where they were talking about downloading the 1.5avd) So that was junk, it took me 2 days to finally give up looking for a link, figured I'd use the address in the screen shot). Well that worked... however IT DOESN'T HAVE THE MARKETPLACE APP INSTALLED... wow so unless I'm retarded can someone please point me in a direction to where I can find the damn AVD with the market place installed seeings how the second tutorial link doesn't -_-

Now, download the new Android Virtual Machine that has the Android Market installed. Select the Android 1.5 link, as this is the simplest to setup.
it would be helpful if they put the link for the resource right there instead of at the bottom of the page OR said that the resource could be found at the bottom of the page.

Still get the same damn message, (slide to open keyboard and continue) so how the hell do you open the emulated phone?!?!?

OK so if you get stuck at the (slide open phone to continue message) skip the step all together by pressing the phones BACK button, then slide the tab up once the phone brings you to the home menu. Select (marketplace) sign in using your information, done. Someone having said that could have saved me 2 days of hair pulling..... I figured I had downloaded the wrong damn emulator file, I have hacked the iphone 3g many times and rooted my fascinate but this tutorial is lacking basic instructions.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Nope, no luck, now just getting a (no network connection error) any ideas on how to solve that one?

Everytime I got that error was because the Android ID. You may have to get a new one to make it work. I was able to just change my Android ID and get it to work. Meaning you might now have to reload everything again.

Jan 25, 2011
Ok, been reading this how-to and can't seem to get passed the (slide to open keyboard) so that I can enter my Gmail information in the emulator. :confused::confused::confused:

How the heck do you get the keyboard to work?!?!?!?
**edit**
Switched interface to one with an external keyboard *facepalm

Doing all this for the Sylvania tablet, this thing feels like Sylvania ripped apart the Droid OS and put it together with crazy glue. How could someone justify shipping a product with such a buggy OS?!?

**Edit**2
Yeah... I used the EXACT link that the second crappy tutorial said to use. (they didn't even provide a link where they were talking about downloading the 1.5avd) So that was junk, it took me 2 days to finally give up looking for a link, figured I'd use the address in the screen shot). Well that worked... however IT DOESN'T HAVE THE MARKETPLACE APP INSTALLED... wow so unless I'm retarded can someone please point me in a direction to where I can find the damn AVD with the market place installed seeings how the second tutorial link doesn't -_-

it would be helpful if they put the link for the resource right there instead of at the bottom of the page OR said that the resource could be found at the bottom of the page.

Still get the same damn message, (slide to open keyboard and continue) so how the hell do you open the emulated phone?!?!?

OK so if you get stuck at the (slide open phone to continue message) skip the step all together by pressing the phones BACK button, then slide the tab up once the phone brings you to the home menu. Select (marketplace) sign in using your information, done. Someone having said that could have saved me 2 days of hair pulling..... I figured I had downloaded the wrong damn emulator file, I have hacked the iphone 3g many times and rooted my fascinate but this tutorial is lacking basic instructions.

Just tell me where you are at now and I can help you get through adding google market. The instructions are a little vague at points but once you do it once it take you only like 10mins to get it working again.

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
Everytime I got that error was because the Android ID. You may have to get a new one to make it work. I was able to just change my Android ID and get it to work. Meaning you might now have to reload everything again.

I apologize if I sound like a prick in my post.

I have installed the SDK, I have got an emulator up and running finally, I click market, setup\login account and I get the connection error, I cannot use the browser either says there is no connection.:(

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
Oh, I tried Androot (just on a whim) and I cannot download to my SD card? Its mounted and the OS sees it but when I try to download anything including pictures it says the device is out of space, I have tried rebooting to no avail :(.

Jan 25, 2011
I apologize if I sound like a prick in my post.

I have installed the SDK, I have got an emulator up and running finally, I click market, setup\login account and I get the connection error, I cannot use the browser either says there is no connection.:(

No, I understand you just want to get it all working and you know it can be done your just running into problems. But that is weird that your getting the error in emulator. Try it this way.
-Bring up the android sdk.
-go to Virtual Devices
-Click new and name it anything you feel fit
-under target choose android 1.6 and then click create.
-Now navigate to the C drive, Users, the current user you are logged into (for me its administrator), then .android, avd, and open the file with the name you made earlier (ex. 1.6.avd) in here drop the system.img you can download from here(this is for windows 7, XP my be a little different to navigate to the right folder)
-Once you put in the system.img start the emulator running your new avd.
-It may stick on the android screen for a little but just let it go. After it loads go through the setup and add your email and download an app from the market if it works you can just follow the steps to get the Android ID.

I hope this helps, Let me know if it works or if you get stuck somewhere.

Jan 25, 2011
Oh, I tried Androot (just on a whim) and I cannot download to my SD card? Its mounted and the OS sees it but when I try to download anything including pictures it says the device is out of space, I have tried rebooting to no avail :(.

we only have 2gb of space on the device and about 1gb is used for the system files etc. I wouldn't add anymore there. I keep all my files and programs on my sdcard.(once I install a program it installs on the tablet) Im not sure where it saved everything for you on the tablet but I would use file explorer and copy and paste it all to the sdcard and remove it off the tablet.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
we only have 2gb of space on the device and about 1gb is used for the system files etc. I wouldn't add anymore there. I keep all my files and programs on my sdcard.(once I install a program it installs on the tablet) Im not sure where it saved everything for you on the tablet but I would use file explorer and copy and paste it all to the sdcard and remove it off the tablet.

I would also check the setting on the browser you are using. In settings you should be able to set it to save everything to the sdcard. I haven't checked to confirm but it should be there.

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011

I'm downloading 1.6 now. As for the SD card, I installed it but the tablet wont let me use the available space, it acts like I never put the SD card in there =\. I'll check the browser settings.

Didn't see any settings in the browser for using the SD card as storage. I'm not sure what tablet designers were thinking when they decided not to give us access to the market place, dummies.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
I'm downloading 1.6 now. As for the SD card, I installed it but the tablet wont let me use the available space, it acts like I never put the SD card in there =\. I'll check the browser settings.

Didn't see any settings in the browser for using the SD card as storage. I'm not sure what tablet designers were thinking when they decided not to give us access to the market place, dummies.

I don't think its the tablet designers, I think it's google. If you look at the other tablets only a few big name tablet have the full market or the chinese versions. And which browser did you check? The stock may not but skyfire may.