How to Get a Working Google Market

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
Errr. What is ADB wifi and how do i get it. Is it the linux command prompt you see in the slideme market? If so, the commands are gonna take a while to type.

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
Adb wifi is how your computer is going to talk to the tablet. If you have a working android emulator, adb was part of that install. To use it you need to use command prompt. If you are using windows vista (that's what I use. Could be different if you use a different OS.), click start >all programs >accessories > c:\ command prompt.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
Thanks. I have the emulator with market downloaded and command prompt for windows xp. so i input the codes in command prompt. no wonder it did not work cause i input the codes in GScript. That's how i do it?

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
Yep, you're going to work from the command prompt. Just change the directory to where ever you have android-sdk-windows\platform-tools (that's where adb is) and work from there.

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
Thanks for speaking in plain english. so i do this code to the emulator. do i do anything to the tablet itself?

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
Sry. One other thing. On the ugly market hack page it says to input code for 1.X devices and a different one for 2.X devices. I have the 1.5 emulator and a 2.1 android tablet (SYLVANIA). Which code do I use?

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
You are going to use the 1.x. With adb, I had the same problem. You just have to make sure you go to the right directory. I wasn"t paying attention and buried it kind of deep. I had to type: cd \program files\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools. As long as you get to android-sdk-sdk-windows\platform-tools you should be ok. When trying to get the Android id, make sure you have the android emulator open and running in the back ground. If you happen to get sqlite3: not found try typing this:

adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db

And then:

sqlite3 accounts.db "select * from meta"

That should bring up your android id.

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
Thanks I shall try that with my Windows XP. I rly like how you put this guide in plain english. I talked with a master hacker 'hacks apple and android and more' he says the guide isn't very clear, he knows what to do, but it's risky. Whatever. Downgrading the Wii is said to be risky but it isn't. everyone knows that... :D

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
dammit it says sqlite3: not found so i did your other command adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db and it says 224KB/s (14336 bytes in 0.062s) so then i did your last command sqlite3 accounts.db "select * from meta" and command prompt says 'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. :mad: what do i do now? thanks for your help, but it kinda is not working. everything is fine except your last command.

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
this should work. In windows, go to where you have the android-sdk-windows folder. In the android-sdk-windows folder, go to the tools folder. Look for sqlite3.exe. Right click and Copy that. then go to the platform-tools folder. Paste sqlite3.exe into the platform-tools folder. Then go back to the command prompt and try the other commands again.

I just deleted the sqlite3.exe file from my platform-tools folder and then tried to get my android id and got the same message as you. so if you copy and paste the sqlite3.exe, you should be able to get that id.

This is the most frustrating part of the whole thing. Once you get that id, things go pretty easy.

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
omg ur codes work and the ugly market hack ones don't thanks a lot. Yure a great hacker. it turns out that i was already smart enough to think of that so i already put the sqlite in the tools folder. the problem was that i had to close and reopen the emulator and cmd for it to come in effect. Another question is that wat's my android id. the guide says that it's the last number after the bar. It kinda sounds like hes saying that theres only one number in it. What do i do?

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
It's going to say android id, then the bar, then a long number. That whole number is your android id.

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
Ahhhh the next step does not work either. I typed adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='ANDROID ID' where name='androidId'"; and yet the thing didn't work. Here's what command prompt spit out at me.

'intvalue' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

And sometimes it says this

sqlite3: not found.

WTFFF