How to Get a Working Google Market

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
Never mind, figuring it out, god its been a while sense i have used CMD, sorry. One step at a time :).
Finally got CMD to run the .batch file but I got this as an error.
C:\Users>REM push system updates

C:\Users>REM

C:\Users>adb push .\gev1\system /system
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users>adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*

C:\Users>adb shell reboot

so what do I do now? I only navigated to the .batch file named (market), I didn't connect to my tablet before hand because I don't know how.it ran the script but seems to have run in to an issue.

Last edited:

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
the .bat file needs to be ran in cmd prompt. It sends the files to your phone via adb. If you just double click the file it is worthless. You first need to find the android-sdk-windows folder. I renamed mine android and put it on the root of the C drive. This way when I want to adb I bring up command prompt. then cd /android/platform-tools then adb connect TABLET IP:1111 (ex 192.168.1.118:1111) and then you have the market.bat file in the platform-tools folder so all you have to do is enter market and press enter in cmd prompt.

I don't have one......

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
well my computer froze while i was moving the files, so now I lost my android directory and everything under it. So now all my files are gone that I downloaded, the market.bat, the whole damn C:\android\android-sdk-windows folder is gone... so I'm done, its been fun but this is one thing after another.

Fawck this. Thanks for the help though.

Yes I tried going back to the directory after my computer un froze, tried the CTRL Z and didn't bring anything up, tried (un move objects) didn't do anything.
One headache after another. I have a rooted tablet with that Gscript, dunno what that does. FML...

If you don't mind I would like some help getting my tablet to recognize my SD card as a form of storage, I can't install anything nor download anything so help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
well my computer froze while i was moving the files, so now I lost my android directory and everything under it. So now all my files are gone that I downloaded, the market.bat, the whole damn C:\android\android-sdk-windows folder is gone... so I'm done, its been fun but this is one thing after another.

Fawck this. Thanks for the help though.

Yes I tried going back to the directory after my computer un froze, tried the CTRL Z and didn't bring anything up, tried (un move objects) didn't do anything.
One headache after another. I have a rooted tablet with that Gscript, dunno what that does. FML...

If you don't mind I would like some help getting my tablet to recognize my SD card as a form of storage, I can't install anything nor download anything so help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear your luck. I would recommended trying it again. Having google market is fantastic. This time I would download the .zip and extract it where you want it. As for the sdcard what exactly do you mean? Can you give me a example of what you want?

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
Sorry to hear your luck. I would recommended trying it again. Having google market is fantastic. This time I would download the .zip and extract it where you want it. As for the sdcard what exactly do you mean? Can you give me a example of what you want?

I did download the .zip.... I extracted it to the desktop, then found out that's the wrong place to extract it to. So I moved or rather tried to move everything in to the other directory you told me about. (it failed). Well if I decided to try this again then I will at least have the damn thing rooted and what not.

I place the SD card in the device, it recognizes it, I launch the browser and I go to download ANYTHING and it says download failed insufficient space. I place the SD card in my phone and it works flawlessly, so what gives?

Jan 25, 2011
Ill have to check this out. I dont have my tablet on me right now so I will look later tonight when I get home. As for trying it again it wouldn't really take you long. Exp. if you still have the .zip just extract it to your desktop and make a folder on the C drive and move the contents of the unzipped folder to the one on the c drive then download the market.bat. like I said I will give you an Android ID so you wont have to mess with downloading system.img and everything else. All you will need is the .bat.

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
well I've decided to give this a shot again... I don't think I need to start at the beginning of the tutorial so I'll start else ware.

How do I abd in to my device though?

Jan 25, 2011
well I've decided to give this a shot again... I don't think I need to start at the beginning of the tutorial so I'll start else ware.

How do I abd in to my device though?

Connect your tablet to your wifi. Run the script. On your computer navigate to the platform-tools folder using cd /android/platform-tools or wherever your files are located. then in cmd prompt type adb connect xxx.xxx.x.xxx:1111 replacing the x's with your ip address for the tablet. It should successfully connect after that.

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
Ok thanks.

I found a source for .apk files but when I install the applications they don't show up on the device and the only way to launch them is to reinstall and launch directly from the installer.

Any ideas?

Oh and I found a (marketplace.apk for android devices with no marketplace app.....) Haven't installed it yet because I can't get Amazon kindle.apk to show up with an icon, any ideas?

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
Ok I got the applications icon to show up but.

When I launch Amazon Kindle, it comes up and I go to log in it says (error blah blah no internet connection). It seems as though I might have to merge two different apps to make amazon kindle recognize the tablets internet connection.

Unless someone else has a workaround for this??

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
Ok I got the applications icon to show up but.

When I launch Amazon Kindle, it comes up and I go to log in it says (error blah blah no internet connection). It seems as though I might have to merge two different apps to make amazon kindle recognize the tablets internet connection.

Unless someone else has a workaround for this??

did you ever get the market working? Once i had working market the kindle app from the market worked flawlessly. As i stated in this thread and other i no longer have useable tablet my kid broke the touchscreen so i can only use it with a mouse and a keyboard.

as for app icons not showing up after install it has to do with the stock launcher on this tablet being a piece of junk. when you're in the app drawer you can push menu then hit add and the apps you've installed that don't have icons should be listed there for you to add.

I'm sorry you had a rough go with the directions. I knew nothing about android period when i got this tablet and was very frustrated with the lack of one solid source for information regarding the ugly market hack. That's why i put this guide together. I tried to make it as simple as possible to follow. i even walked through the guide with my tablet following each step exactly as written to ensure it was something that you could follow. I was successful in getting a market on that attempt as well.

The absolute most pain in the butt part of this guide is the getting your android ID everything else is straight forward. I don't check these forums often any more but if you would like i can hop in an irc channel some time and try to walk you through it. just shoot me a pm.

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
I finally decided to install the market. However, I'm having trouble getting my android id. I get sqlite3: not found. Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Finally got it! just needed to take a break and come back fresh.

Last edited: