How to: Removing system apps with System App Remover

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU CAN REMOVE CRITICAL APPS. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!
YOU MUST BE ROOTED FIRST FOR THIS TO WORK!

SystemApp Remover ~ Android Application v3.5 By Danesh | Tools

1) First make sure you have Busybox installed. Backing up system apps before removing them sometimes does not work if you do not have Busybox.
2) If you do not have Busybox or are not sure that you have it, you can install it from within Titanium Backup.
3) To install Busybox from Titanium Backup, at the main screen select the "Problems?" tab at the bottom right corner.
Titanium Backup will prompt you to download Busybox. After you have Busybox, go back to System App Remover.
4) From System App Remover select menu and make sure Busybox is on. If it is not,you can enable it there.
5) Now from the bottom options in System App Remover, select System Apps.
You will now have a list of the android system apps.
6) BEFORE YOU REMOVE ANYTHING, MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!
7) To create a backup, click on the app you wish to remove.
System App Remover will give you a dialog box with three options: Yes. Backup. No.
8) SELECT BACKUP FIRST!
You should get a confirmation saying "Backup successful."
If you don't, repeat the backup process until you do. Otherwise you won't be able to restore if you want to later on.
9) After you have created a backup, again select the system app to be removed.
10) Now from the options select "Yes". Please note that if you select "No", the app will not be uninstalled, but it will be removed from the System Apps list. I do not know f this is a bug.
11) After selecting "Yes" you will go to the standard screen used to remove apps. Just select Yes again to uninstall.
12) If you mess up and remove any system critical app, without making a backup, or cannot restore it later on, just use the reset instructions from the Sticky list.
All done!

blackstone

Dec 7, 2010
Has this been tested on an unrooted tab?
As I would really like to remove some apps but I'm not sure that I want to root my Archos 101.

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
Has this been tested on an unrooted tab?
As I would really like to remove some apps but I'm not sure that I want to root my Archos 101.

If you have not rooted your device, you will still be able to install System App Remover, but you will only be able to remove standard apps, not system apps.

blackstone

Dec 7, 2010
OK thanks. I will install it and see what apps I can get rid of as there are many pre-installed ones that I never use and never will

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
same thing you can do whit titanium backup, and its free

Actually, while the free version of Titanium allows you to remove system apps. you have to pay ("donate"?)to unlock all its features.
Sytemapp remover is far simpler when you just want to accomplish just the one task of removing a system application. And the app price is $1

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Is there a list of system apps you should definitely NOT remove? It would help us noobs.

I'm thinking of removing somethings like the calendar, messaging, and home apps, if I got the names right? They seem to be fairly large or unnecessary (like messaging) for just making an occasional phone call on my S7.

thx