[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

nascar59

Apr 20, 2014
This is the best A2109 rom I used until now

Agree with Fusm A2109A_MCL0201.zip is the best for me too of all the Rom i try ,the HDMI and every thing just work great i think i my just stop looking for a newer RoM because am ready liking what i got and stay at 4.1.1 really what is big deal to 4.22 and 4.4.4..Ray

taekimon

Oct 7, 2018
Hi all,
I've rooted my A2109A tablet, installed clockwork mod ROM manager from the play store. I tried to install the MCL201 rom using clockwork mod app itself by using it to reboot into recovery then install zip from external sd card but I keep having the " installation aborted" prompt. I tried to install the CM12.1 but have the same issue occur.
Can someone please help?

Edit. I am currently on stock rom 4.1.1
I am hoping that I do not need to use the PC to do the installation anymore as I do not have a PC and had to borrow my room mate's laptop to do the unlocking of bootloader and rooting.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hi all,
I've rooted my A2109A tablet, installed clockwork mod ROM manager from the play store. I tried to install the MCL201 rom using clockwork mod app itself by using it to reboot into recovery then install zip from external sd card but I keep having the " installation aborted" prompt. I tried to install the CM12.1 but have the same issue occur.
Can someone please help?

Edit. I am currently on stock rom 4.1.1
I am hoping that I do not need to use the PC to do the installation anymore as I do not have a PC and had to borrow my room mate's laptop to do the unlocking of bootloader and rooting.
I wouldn't know how to install a rom without the use of a PC. I also don't know what the clockwork mod app is. I think that you really need fastboot to flash a recovery.

xjhader

Sep 26, 2023
Hellow everyone, I know this is and old thread but this tablet fall on my hands recently. Does anyone have a copy of the stock JB rom or a link for the deoxed rom. I already search in the forum but the links are broken or invalid. :c

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Hellow everyone, I know this is and old thread but this tablet fall on my hands recently. Does anyone have a copy of the stock JB rom or a link for the deoxed rom. I already search in the forum but the links are broken or invalid. :c
You could try using Lenovo's firmware update utility on your PC and see if that will download the stock firmware. However, even if it does work you won't be able to do much with the tablet. It's simply too old and too slow. Most apps won't work with it, and you can't even set up a Google account on it due to Google restrictions.

xjhader

Sep 26, 2023
You could try using Lenovo's firmware update utility on your PC and see if that will download the stock firmware. However, even if it does work you won't be able to do much with the tablet. It's simply too old and too slow. Most apps won't work with it, and you can't even set up a Google account on it due to Google restrictions.
Already tried that, the tablet is too old for the lenovo app.
I dont have great expectations. I succesfully installed a custom rom 4.4.4 posted here, the only one i could get. But runs pretty slow. The stock was better but I cant get it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Already tried that, the tablet is too old for the lenovo app.
I dont have great expectations. I succesfully installed a custom rom 4.4.4 posted here, the only one i could get. But runs pretty slow. The stock was better but I cant get it.
It runs slow because the proessor only has a single core. Tablets from the last five years or so have quad-core processors and run much better.

It's good to see your expectations are realistic.