[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Sorry, I did not understand your question. Maybe this link will help you update your drivers so the computer recognizes your A2109:

OEM USB Drivers | Android Developers

There is a way to change drivers there. You can install the entire android sdk from there, if you want.

Remember, there are 2 drivers. One each for the tab with developer options on (for adb) and with developer options off.

Last edited:

PSZ

Nov 15, 2013
Hi. I try to flash this ROM to my A2109. I unlocked the bootloader, installed CWM Recovery, placed A2109A_MCL0201.zip on External SD. When I choose "apply update from external storage" in CWM and choose A2109A_MCL0201.zip, I get the following:
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installation aborted.
Please, help me...

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Try redownloading A2109A_MCL0201.zip and try installing again. If it still fails, there should be log file for CWM in the /cache folder, find the error message in the log and post it here.

PSZ

Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for the replay. The problem was that I tried to flash from Lenovo stock recovery, not CWM recovery. I've flashed CWM and rebooted several times - android overwrites CWM with stock recovery. After reading this post ATTENTIVELY everything became clear.

cdntinpusher

Feb 16, 2014
Hi MCL630,

A little late to the party, but I just got an A2109 and hate the crapware on it. New to Android tabs and want to install your stock JP ROM with the crapware removed etc, and your battery meter mod looks good too. Currently updated to the stock 4.1.1 firmware.

As I under stand the process,
Step 1 is unlock the bootloader as per this post: [HowTo] Unlocking the Bootloader (Windows) and/or Anika200's [HowTo] A2109 Fastboot
Step 2 is install CWM Recovery as per this post: [HOW TO] Install ClockworkMod Recovery and Root
Step 3 is to flash the
A2109A_MCL0201.zip ROM as per this current post.

The only thing I am not sure about is whether or not I need to follow the process in step 2 to root by flashing superuser after installing CWM, because it looks like root is included in your step 3 ROM?

Also, if the process fails for some reason, is there an easy way to flash the device back to the stock ROM?

Thanks for your assistance.
CK

cdntinpusher

Feb 16, 2014
One more: Do I need to install anything else on my PC besides LeTools before starting the process; I seem to recall reading something about ADB driver software, that alllows Windows to detect your device, but I'm not sure what it's called?

Thanks again,
CK

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
cdntinpusher,

To answer your questions:

No, you don't have to root in step 2, my ROM is pre-rooted.

If any thing goes wrong, you can always reflash back to stock. The stock ROMs are available the Technical forum in the sticky thread with "Useful files".

The LeTools include an adb driver. Adb itself is included in the Android SDK Tools. You should be able to do this without the SDK tools, but adb is a useful tool to have, so I'd recommend installing the SDK tools anyways.

cdntinpusher

Feb 16, 2014
Thanks MCL630, that's all I needed to know. I'll give it a go later this week!

Cheers
Chris

cdntinpusher,

To answer your questions:

No, you don't have to root in step 2, my ROM is pre-rooted.

If any thing goes wrong, you can always reflash back to stock. The stock ROMs are available the Technical forum in the sticky thread with "Useful files".

The LeTools include an adb driver. Adb itself is included in the Android SDK Tools. You should be able to do this without the SDK tools, but adb is a useful tool to have, so I'd recommend installing the SDK tools anyways.