[Howto] Install CWM, Custom ROM, Flash Player, and Market Fix for 1.1 based ROMs

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I unfortunately am not lucky when I tried to reflash that GAPPS.zip. I've rebooted and reflashed a number of times with no luck. I don't see the Google Apps and I cannot access the Market now. Any other suggestions besides starting all over?

I meant reflashing the ROM not the GAPPS update.

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
Hey guys...having a slight issue here.

After installing clockwork mod and Harmony 1.2, then fixing the Marketplace and installing flash, I'm getting a constant "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" error, asking me to force quit. I've looked it up and found a couple of fixes (reboots, shortcut fix, etc) and nothing is working, as the error still is happening. Any thoughts? Should I reflash?

Edited to add: I fixed it! Booted into CWM recovery mode, re-installed the ROM, and restarted. I love CWM...so nice!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2011
JJ - did you correct this problem? I am having the same... Thanks (downloaded from the links at top of thread)

I was having the same problem with my freshly updated to .3588 Woot gtab and I believe that the install process was actually failing because I believe it was not overwriting the original update.zip file found on the gtab. So I deleted that and the recovery folder there as well, downloaded the cwm internal version .zip file in the OP, unzipped it on the computer into, plugged the gtab into the computer, started the USB, and moved both the recovery folder and the update.zip file to the gtab.

Now when I followed the instructions in the OP (reboot, install cwm, reboot again) this time it went into cwm perfectly.

suvroadrage

Mar 30, 2011
Hey Guys.

Just installed ClockMod, but it will not open. I installed per instructions, saw the Recovery Key Detected message, saw it install, then allowed the gTab to boot all the way, shut it down.

When I rebooted to go into Clockwork Mod, I got the Recovery Key Detected message again, but the system continued to load into the regular OS. No Clockwork.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
did you try what mikinrichmond did? delete update.zip and recovery folders before extracting cwm into gtab root.

Ronin317

Mar 23, 2011
Hey Guys.

Just installed ClockMod, but it will not open. I installed per instructions, saw the Recovery Key Detected message, saw it install, then allowed the gTab to boot all the way, shut it down.

When I rebooted to go into Clockwork Mod, I got the Recovery Key Detected message again, but the system continued to load into the regular OS. No Clockwork.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
I had the same issue. Delete the recovery folder and the update zip, then try to install CWM again.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Quote removed per violation of the Forum Rules and Guidelins.
Always enjoy reading your instructions and find them most useful.
Would like to see an instruction 'How to wipe an installed Rom before flashing a new one'. Or perhaps adding a 'How to' section at the beginning or at the end of each flashing instruction.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

steelers4582

Jan 12, 2011
Just got a gTablet last night. Flashed it with Harmony 1.2 per the instructions. Everything worked great! Thanks! I had 1 question about installing ROMs. Do you need to run a backup any time you install a new ROM, or was this just an initial thing to backup the stock OS? Thanks

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Just got a gTablet last night. Flashed it with Harmony 1.2 per the instructions. Everything worked great! Thanks! I had 1 question about installing ROMs. Do you need to run a backup any time you install a new ROM, or was this just an initial thing to backup the stock OS? Thanks

I backup everytime I try out a new ROM. Then if I don't like it I'll run the recovery to go back to the previous ROM. Its just good pratice incase you mess something up... which does happen.

hornedgorilla

Mar 29, 2011
Is there anyway to remove the phone button on the home page on Vegan ? Just received my G-tablet last week and everything's working well, thanks to all the help available here. But the phone button is annoying.

Paul new owner in NM

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
I also had a nice experience following the instructions at the top of the thread for TnT G-harmony 1.2...

Couple of things, after installing browsed the SDcard - the created ROMs folder is no longer present...

Also I can't seem to locate the the backup from ClockworkMOD - should I be able to see this? How would I restore back to the stock, shipped ROM?

Thank you for suffering a NOOB

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I also had a nice experience following the instructions at the top of the thread for TnT G-harmony 1.2...

Couple of things, after installing browsed the SDcard - the created ROMs folder is no longer present...

Also I can't seem to locate the the backup from ClockworkMOD - should I be able to see this? How would I restore back to the stock, shipped ROM?

Thank you for suffering a NOOB

1. Are you checking the correct SDCARD? I've never just lost a folder and I've flashed my tab over 2 dozen times.
2. Not sure about you backup. I think I lost mine some time ago but you can always download the stock ROM and flash it like a custom ROM.

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
Fuganater - thanks for the reply. I only have the internal sdCard - no sdCard2. The directions for the internal card installation was followed. As you may recall from a previous post, have not been able to get my sdCard2 slot to work. A new sdCard has been ordered and I am waiting delivery.

In the step where I boot into ClockworkMOD and it tells me to choose Restore/Backup and create a backup, that step was followed.

BTW - where can I get the stock ROM?

Thanks for the clear instructions...