Huawei Ideos S7 - Post-Root Tips Sharing

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
This is the place to share more advanced tweaks for the S7, such as firmware flashing, obtaining root and performing tasks for rooted devices.

So after much playing around last night, including completely wiping my S7 I have settled on z4Root as my process for Rooting my S7.

I had previously been using UniversalAndroot, but even with that set up i was not able to install and run Titanium Backup. Since changing over to z4root, I was able to get BusyBox and Titanium installed and running properly and was able to perform a FULL backup.

Anyone else out there having any luck or issues with this? I am still having very hit-or-miss results getting into bootloader.

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
So after much playing around last night, including completely wiping my S7 I have settled on z4Root as my process for Rooting my S7.

I had previously been using UniversalAndroot, but even with that set up i was not able to install and run Titanium Backup. Since changing over to z4root, I was able to get BusyBox and Titanium installed and running properly and was able to perform a FULL backup.

Anyone else out there having any luck or issues with this? I am still having very hit-or-miss results getting into bootloader.

i downloaded this app and when i tried to install i received an antivirus warning "Installed package com.z4mod.z4root is found to be suspicious"

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Where did you download from

downloaded from market place.. author is RyanZA.. anyway i just ignore it.. it is probably behaving that way because i have avg antivirus installed and for sure when some apps access the root like what virus is doing in windows, it would prompt and warn but nonetheless i just say OK instead of FIX.. fix will simply uninstall the z4root

Chron12

Oct 20, 2010
I'm assuming because the app roots your tablet it says its suspicious. If you run a antivirus scan after you root it'll probably give you errors that your tab is rooted. I've used z4root before and it works great. I doubt anythings wrong with the package.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
I'm assuming because the app roots your tablet it says its suspicious. If you run a antivirus scan after you root it'll probably give you errors that your tab is rooted. I've used z4root before and it works great. I doubt anythings wrong with the package.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

exactly.. that's what i thought also.. so i did a scan and it did tell me that it is not safe and it was referring to the device being rooted.. well i just ignored it

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It was only after installing z4 that I was then able to install Titanium and Busybox. I also have full ADB capability now, so starting to explore. Was able to create my own Titanium Backup update.zip.

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
How do you get into the bootloader?

I have been trying all key combinations :) and have found that pressing the back key and the green call key simultaneously and powering it on sends it into a what I think is a bootloader screen.

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
Thank you guys, I was able to root it and install busy box, what else can we do? I tried to install Flash 10.1 for Android 2.1 and although it says that it was installed, I can't get to open flash sites..Anybody tried to install some custom ROMs? if there is one..

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Opera Mobile can open Flash.

Hmm sounds interesting.. Are you saying just install Opera Mobile Web Browser (not opera Mini Web) and you can now instantly browse page that has FLASH in it? Or do you mean install Opera Mobile and install the Flash plugin?

I know Skyfire can play flash video from FB or other website that the stock browser cannot able to play

Thanks

Last edited:

v0vik

Nov 16, 2010
I mean Opera Mobile 10.1 beta (Android 1.6+).
It supports flash without having to install additional players.

alnova1

Nov 20, 2010
I used Z4root and it shows I have root and superuser is installed but Titanium backup and Autokiller say I do not have root...I also tried universalandroot and it failed..any ideas?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Did you insyall busybox? You need that for TI Backup.