Huawei S7 Accesories site

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I sent for this today:

$GPS mount.jpg

Might not be the prettiest thing, but looks strong and pretty cheap at $15 shipped. It should work with devices from 6.5" to 10" so it could even work with my netbook.

Last edited:

Hawaiian

Nov 28, 2010
Went to the local Walmart in Oregon and they had SKU's 03106 - 03110 in stock but NOT 03108? The poor sales associate was completely dumbfounded and there was nothing in the system and I wasn't going to stick around to help explain its existence....LOL

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
worked for me, once i picked it up i was charging in the car and was able to use it once i got home..:)

I just bought mine at BB yesterday at lunch time ... put the battery in and turned it on and the battery was at 70%.

I have a small power inverter in each of my cars (that I had gotten cheaply off Woot a year or so ago) ... they will have to suffice in the car for now ...

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
I just bought mine at BB yesterday at lunch time ... put the battery in and turned it on and the battery was at 70%.

I have a small power inverter in each of my cars (that I had gotten cheaply off Woot a year or so ago) ... they will have to suffice in the car for now ...

congrats on your purchase; its a great device; on a side note none of the accessories displayed on clove.uk are available as of last night...:(

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
The tablet for which this is made (7" Wifi Apad Epad Tablet Pc) has similar dimensions: Amazon.com: Synthetic Leather Case Cover for 7" Wifi Apad Epad Tablet Pc: Electronics
I am going to order one right now.

Let us know how well it fits

These are the dimensions from ebay; Size: 21.00cm(L) x 14.00cm(W) x 1.70cm(H) and from clove.co.uk; 209 x 108 x 15.5 (mm); the width could ba a bit tight it would seem; but again; please let us know as the WM option was no go for me, didnt find any at the few WM i visited..!!

KE4NYV

Dec 5, 2010
I looked at the eReader cases tonight, when I picked up my S7, but nothing really fit the bill. After I got home, I remembered that I still had a brand new fake leather pouch for my Acer Aspire One netbook. It was too big as is, but I cut it down and re-sewed it with the wife's sewing machine. Makes a nice pouch until I can find something that I don't have to take the S7 out of to use.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
I looked at the eReader cases tonight, when I picked up my S7, but nothing really fit the bill. After I got home, I remembered that I still had a brand new fake leather pouch for my Acer Aspire One netbook. It was too big as is, but I cut it down and re-sewed it with the wife's sewing machine. Makes a nice pouch until I can find something that I don't have to take the S7 out of to use.

Well done...sounds like a business opportunity to me...

nastiero

Dec 5, 2010
worked for me, once i picked it up i was charging in the car and was able to use it once i got home..:)

I just tried 2 different micro USB chargers on my huawei S7 (an LG model:STA-U35WR wall charger just to see could I charge via USB and a universal car charger, the kind that comes with multiple tips) and neither worked. Then I connected the USB cable that comes with the S7 to one of those Ipod USB charger thingies and nothing. Some of you are having better luck than me with the USB charger. I know the standard input will be no problem, it's just I thought it would be nice to be able to charge via USB.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I found a business card folio at Office Depot for $6.99 that is a perfect size for this tablet. In several colors, made of vinyl. This is important because velcro sticks very well on vinyl, not so good on porous surfaces.

Pull all the plastic windows out so all that is left is the shell. Get some industrial strength velcro- They sell it in strips if you don't have any on hand. The glue on the backing is much stronger than regular sticky velcro. All I used is a half inch strip from top to bottom, on the left and right sides. Keep clear of the kickstand . I also put a strip on the top and bottom the same length as what are on the sides but thinner. Just enough to stabilize. You probably don't need these pieces, but with the weight of the tablet, better safe than sorry. Just stay off the battery door.

1. Use the soft sided velcro on the tablet. Apply these pieces first.
2. position the tablet on one side of the cover with the glass down. Put the hard part of the velcro strips onto the soft side and lock them together. Pull off the backing. Make sure it is positioned center and slowly close the folio so the back cover sticks to the other side of the velcro.
3. Now you have a perfect fit. Great protection, easy access, and if you flip the cover back, it turns into a stand. Enjoy!;)

PS- if you're off on positioning, let the velcro adhere for a few hours, then you can go back, pull off the tablet, and reposition where you want it. I did this with the PDN and pulled that off many times without any problems. Just stick to the plastic. If you stick velcro on the battery cover, it might bend when you pull it off.

The size of the business card folio is on the pic.

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
I found a business card folio at Office Depot for $6.99 that is a perfect size for this tablet. In several colors, made of vinyl. This is important because velcro sticks very well on vinyl, not so good on porous surfaces.

Wow! Great job and nice work Buzzman! I really appreciate this.

When you're holding the S7 while in the case, how does it feel? (The edges of the case are a bit longer than the S7...)

Last edited:

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
This particular business card folder is make of soft vinyl- feels very much like a well worked soft padded leather. The edges are stiff due to a double layer of material with topstitching and the thin board inside the 2 layers. But it doesn't feel like hard plastic. It gives your palms something to hold and your thumbs are the perfect distance to work the home buttons, the scroll button, and you can still wrap your pointer fingers over the top of the tablet. The center spine is soft & floppy without the stiffener so it folds over on itself very nicely, yet can still stand nicely. The only thing missing is a clasp to keep it closed in a purse or backpack. Ribbon can be sewn onto the soft spine and tied closed. Or sew 2 buttons on the edges and wrap yarn or thin ribbon around them like a file folder.

The best part is it's so cheap to make, you have something nice looking to use while you're looking for that perfect case! For you guys, I think it comes in black.

And a hairdryer heating up the velcro will allow it to come off pretty easy if you want to remove it. But if you put the soft velcro on the tablet, there is no need to take it off. It won't stick to anything like a new case or clothing.

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
I have a buddy who works at a small leather goods manufacturer who is making me a custom case with all the proper cutouts so i can use the device while in the case, with a protective flap to cover the screen when not in use. I should have it by wednesday and will post pictures and contact info for my buddys company if it turns out good. He said it will run 40-50 dollars, but is made of high quality leather and hand crafted in the USA.