Huawei S7 Accesories site

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Following Buzzman's example I went to Office Depot, but instead went instead with a padfolio with the pad removed. Velcro' it up and am good to go with full coverage. So same concept, different implementation. I have a full 3/4 inch border of case all the way around, and snap closure.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
Another "re-purposed" case that works nicely is the Rolodex zipper case for 96 business cards. Very elegant looking brown leather zipper case that is just a bit loose-fitting after removing the inserts, but that should leave room for Velcro-ing.

I have found it at Office Max and one of the others, Office Depot or Staples, for about $25 (2nd one was on clearance rack since it was stripped of the inserts - saved me the trouble - and the leather a bit "distressed", at Office Max, and I got that one for $6.50).

I originally got it for my Sony Vaio "P", and it is a very tight fit for that, but makes it so easy to slip in large coat pockets or other bags.

I wanted something else that would hold both the S7 and its AC adapter, but that is unwieldy since the prongs do not fold down like some do. A 7-inch ereader case from Target with an expandable outer pocket sort of works in that I can put the adapter in that outer pocket so the prongs "bulge" into the unused part of the main chamber that holds the S7, and the prongs sort of help hold that down. Still a bit awkwardly bulging though...

Dec 12, 2010
I have to agree with other posters re: the Griffin Jumper for eReaders for just $14.86 @ Walmart is a great buy! It's a tight fit end-to-end but it does fit and it offers fine protection for the S7 at a bargain price.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Since the Griffin is the one my wife found you just made her happy!

pendulam

Nov 25, 2010
Can I asked ainyul to confirm that it is possible to charge the S7 using its microUSB port ? It will be nice but company literature clearly states it can't be charged that way.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
It cannot be charged through micro USB.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
Can I asked ainyul to confirm that it is possible to charge the S7 using its microUSB port ? It will be nice but company literature clearly states it can't be charged that way.

i connected a motorola cigarette lighter and used the S7; will check again this week AND make sure to see if battery level has gone up; (unless of course if the unit was charged when i bought it..?)..
(will report back on this)

daz

Dec 13, 2010
just bought my s7 on saturday and i love it. i just got an Embark document holder that fits the s7 perfectly. got it at target for $10 incase anyone is interested.

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
just bought my s7 on saturday and i love it. i just got an Embark document holder that fits the s7 perfectly. got it at target for $10 incase anyone is interested.

What the heck is the "Embark document holder"? I cannot find that on Target's web site. All I can visualize is an easel like board with a clip to hold papers in place to look at while typing...

Do you have the SKU or UPC for that? Would that be in the office/school supplies section, or what?

TIA

daz

Dec 13, 2010
the upc is 674204023235 its basically a big wallet. i actually found it in the camping/travel section.
What the heck is the "Embark document holder"? I cannot find that on Target's web site. All I can visualize is an easel like board with a clip to hold papers in place to look at while typing...

Do you have the SKU or UPC for that? Would that be in the office/school supplies section, or what?

TIA

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
i connected a motorola cigarette lighter and used the S7; will check again this week AND make sure to see if battery level has gone up; (unless of course if the unit was charged when i bought it..?)..
(will report back on this)

I have the same motorola cigarette lighter micro usb power adaptor I use for a android phone and tested it with the S7 and confirmed that it did not charge the S7 whatsoever. Also, it is pretty evident that the S7 battery comes at least partially precharged on practically all units, so if you are basing your assumption regarding charging through the usb port on what you thought was a fresh, but uncharged, new battery - then that probably explains your mistaken observation.