Input on good voice/video chat tablet (does it exist?)

penftg

Nov 24, 2010
Hello all-

New to the forum and new to buying an Android tablet. Currently use a Motorola Droid (light mods) which I'm a big fan of and would like to stay in the family

Coming up in January I'll be stationed abroad for a a few months, and I'm looking to take an Android tablet with me as a basic laptop replacement (light web surfing and email), but also for voice chat and possibly video chat if possible (either Skype, Google Voice/Chat, etc.)

I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for a tablet which is particularly good with voice chat; video is a big plus but not necessary

Additionally - I don't plan on this being a long-use device. If I can get a good 3-4 months use out of it and then move on to a better, more quality device, I will do that happily. Would prefer something cheap for now (sub-$200) if possible

Thanks!

penftg

Nov 24, 2010
Should also mention I'm completely comfortable with rooting/modding need be - if that makes a difference in choice

I've seen a number of posts about the Panvision Media Tablet coming up on QVC (Ships 12/03 PanImage 7" Touchscreen Google Android WiFi - QVC.com) It seems it's operating on Android 1.6, which doesn't really seem ideal (also lacking the front facing camera for video option). But the price is right. Thoughts?