Jelly Bean on 7022!!!

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Guedan said:
Not a big deal, but I ran the update.apk from Coby Germany about 2h ago and it downloaded a new update. Up and running, didn't saw any real improvement though.

Just to make sure. What was the zip file named?
should be located in the internal sdcard.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
You must be on the mnt folder. Inside that folder, there should be several folders: sdcard, storage, and others.
Check either sdcard folder or storage

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
No zip founded. But I ran the update.apk again and there it is, downloading some kind of update in a eternal loop of nothingness. Forget about it, nothing new, it's the same green demon version :(

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
I checked for a newer update this afternoon but it is still the same. Anyways, I uploaded the flashable zip with my additions and fixes. Just look for my new thread.

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
maybe installing rom manager and fixing permissions might solve the problem with the not installable apps. just a thought right now, because i am not able to test right..

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
maybe installing rom manager and fixing permissions might solve the problem with the not installable apps. just a thought right now, because i am not able to test right..

Been there, done that. Didn't work.
The errors seems to be coming from the gapps' compatability with the rom.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
New update from coby germany today (OTA) with build number V1.0.0011. Not much visible change but great news : all application seems to install correctly now from Google Play (no more usb or sd storage error).

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
New update from coby germany today (OTA) with build number V1.0.0011. Not much visible change but great news : all application seems to install correctly now from Google Play (no more usb or sd storage error).

Very good news, thanks for the heads-up.

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
After Kiiv pointed it out I've turn my tablet on and let the update roll out. It was painless (not a new flash, a real OTA update of the system components) so all my stuff including the CWM remain intact (Gooooooood). Noticeable improvements were: The solution of the USB or SD storage error (tested with the games Were's my water and Smuggle truck), and until now ( about 30 mins of use) seems that the crashes (the ones preceded by a sound "crack") are gone. Unfortunately some apps incompatibility issues are still present, e.g. Slices for Twitter and Chrome. Seems like a dpi or resolution related thing.

Post your impression too, they might be very helpful.

Edit - Another god news - the move to sd feature is working (tested with the 4Shared app and the WSOP game)

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2012
update is downloading but not installing on my tab may be the problem is i have increased internal memory for apps to 1gb

Got it working use update.apk to download ota update it stored in internal sd card use cw recovery to intall zip done...

Last edited:

Guedan

Jun 2, 2012
update is downloading but not installing on my tab may be the problem is i have increased internal memory for apps to 1gb

Got it working use update.apk to download ota update it stored in internal sd card use cw recovery to intall zip done...

So, what are your thoughts about it? Something that I don't pointed out, some compatibility or incompatibility issues.

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Would anyone who has the new update be kind enough to upload a cwm backup?
Thanks

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Maybe i will have time this week. Its rooted with Superuser 3.1.3 and gapps for JB, if that's ok

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Are you guys having some compatibility issues with most of apps on the Play Store ? On my 8127 application like Maps or Google+ are tagged as incompatible with my device. I don't have this problem on the ICS version :/