[Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernels

lifeisfun

Jan 1, 2011
Another update with 1100 Froyo test kernel
-Initial froyo kernel running @ 1.1ghz
-Same as previous omap3630 kernels just ported to froyo compatible kernel.
-This is not a flashable zip. Install by manually replacing the uImage. **Make a backup of your original file first!
-Clear your dalvik cache for best results

Code:
adb shell
cd /data/dalvik-cache
rm *
reboot

xda-developers

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hmm I only got 1207 at 1.1Ghz.QUOTE]

I tested again later and got 1161. And now I'm not sure about 1249. That's how I remembered it, but who knows - it was 12-something ;)

Yea the quadrant test can fluctuate depending on what setcpu settings your are running, if you are running setcpu at all, or the demands on your cpu with the other apps you have running in the background. I usually run the test 3-4 times in a row to see average and also to test stability at that overclocked speed.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yeah, I realized you weren't the originator but I'm not an XDA member and I was hoping the developer was browsing this forum. However, you are the bearer of good news (at least to me) and were willing to give the kernels an early test run so I thought I'd give you kudos.

Thank you very much, I do appreciate it. :)

bdholsin

Jan 18, 2011
I flashed the 1.1 Ghz and it booted right up. Nice.

Here's a slightly off topic question: Any word on a ROM specifically for the NC? I'm wondering if anyone has modified the OS and removed all of the phone related "stuff" in the ROM.

IAC

Jan 3, 2011
Wow, worked great for me!

Great to see this device continuing to evolve.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Nice to see you guys on the new kernels. :)

Custom roms are in the works and I'm sure phone related apps will be removed. The best thing about custom roms is their customization.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I am behind the 8 ball on this new kernel. Don't know why I haven't loaded it up yet. Glad the 1100 kernel is working smoothly. Gonna load it up today.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Remember, place zip file on root directory of your SD card and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache in CWR before flashing.

OK, so to be clear. I followed all instructions in the CWR thread to install ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery. Created a full backup just in case, and even saved a copy of my sd card on my pc for archive. Then I loaded up ROM manager and booted into recovery; wiped cache partition; wiped dalvik cache; installed zip from sd (the kernel-1100mhz-omap3630); rebooted; loaded up setCPU and upped my CPU to 1100.

Anything else? I believe I have completed the process but can't really find a simple step-by-step so wanted to ask here. Thanks!

**************Follow-Up********************

One thing I noticed IMMEDIATELY after loading the new kernel... my touch screen sensitivity is terrible! It's almost like having a resistive screen now. I have to slow press everything. Anyone else notice this? Anything I can do about it?

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
One thing I noticed IMMEDIATELY after loading the new kernel... my touch screen sensitivity is terrible! It's almost like having a resistive screen now. I have to slow press everything. Anyone else notice this? Anything I can do about it?

Easiest fix of the night...tap the power button to put the NC in sleep...then press the n to wake it up...unlock...it should be back to normal.

zetlorf

Nov 17, 2010
I tried the 1.1Ghz and is working fine, but i want to revert it to stock. But how i do that - by simply flashing the "kernel-stock.zip" in CWM?
If yes, does anyone know if the "kernel-stock.zip" is the stock kernel for the Nook's firmware v.1.0.1 or 1.1.0? Or doesn't matter?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I tried the 1.1Ghz and is working fine, but i want to revert it to stock. But how i do that - by simply flashing the "kernel-stock.zip" in CWM?
If yes, does anyone know if the "kernel-stock.zip" is the stock kernel for the Nook's firmware v.1.0.1 or 1.1.0? Or doesn't matter?

Yes stock kernel is the original. It should work with the firmwares. Reboot into recovery. Wipe cache and wipe davich cache. Then install from sdcard, select stock kernel.

Are you having screen sensitivity problems with 1.1ghz kernel? If so tap power to put to sleep then n quickly to wake it up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zetlorf

Nov 17, 2010
Ok, thanks. I know the "sensitivity-trick" - i just don't feel the power-gain in everyday use.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok, thanks. I know the "sensitivity-trick" - i just don't feel the power-gain in everyday use.

The 1.1ghz omap kernel should be noticeably faster, you are wiping the caches correct? The stock one is good though too.

zetlorf

Nov 17, 2010
Yes, i wiped the cache & dalvik cache. I killed all services/tasks with FastReboot and when i run a Quadrant benchmark, i get around 1230. Pretty good, i guess. Maybe because the running SetCPU (ondemand profile) i wasn't feel the power-gain. I will play with the settings.