LCD density changes... make your icons/text larger or smaller.....

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Alright, this is pretty easy. I've done this on multiple platforms (ie HoneyComb, Gingerbread, Froyo). It works every time.

In your build.prop (/system/build.prop) you can change this or add this to the file and save your original file. (Always backup).
Enter/edit the following code into your build.prop file:

ro.sf.lcd_density=# (# being any number you like--warning-- the lower you go, the smaller it gets-- highly recommended to start at 170 and go down from there. DO NOT go below 120 as the firmware you use may not support it. I run BrilliantCorners at 140, I ran Flashback at 120, also ran CM7 from Icewyng at 139).

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet using Tapatalk

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
So does the font/icon size-down actually get more on the screen (like getting closer to the higher-end 10-inchers with 1280x800 resolution)?

TIA

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
So does the font/icon size-down actually get more on the screen (like getting closer to the higher-end 10-inchers with 1280x800 resolution)?

TIA

If you want higher density, go with something like 120.

sent from my Century Eyes Gtablet using Tapatalk

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
If you want higher density, go with something like 120.

sent from my Century Eyes Gtablet using Tapatalk

To put it another way: does "higher density" put more of the smaller icons/text on the screen, or more white space around the same number of smaller items (text or icon characters)?

TIA

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
To put it another way: does "higher density" put more of the smaller icons/text on the screen, or more white space around the same number of smaller items (text or icon characters)?

TIA

Basically the lower the number, the smaller the icon/text.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
So just more white space around smaller icons/text? Darn!

If you want more icons, try VTL launcher or ADW. You can add more rows and columns for more icons.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk