List of removable apps.

tecwizrd

Aug 10, 2010
My searches here at the forum have not turned up anything on this. So.

If I remove things like NetworkLocationProvider, AdMob, FlurryAgent, and others which I believe to be tied to the phone part of Android. Will I hose the functionality of the tablet?

Does anyone have a list of the apps the tablet needs to be functional?

Also if I don't need or use the Market, can I just remove it.

There are few apk's in system/app/ that I don't think we need on a tablet without a phone.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
You can always flash the Clockwork recovery and do Nandroid back up.... delete what you don't think you'll need then if it does give you undesireable results... just reload your back up.... :)

have uses it several times my self in my explorations on it... talk about having your but save from the fire. a big KUDOS out to whom ever got thtat going for us Aug-Gen users....

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
My searches here at the forum have not turned up anything on this. So.

If I remove things like NetworkLocationProvider, AdMob, FlurryAgent, and others which I believe to be tied to the phone part of Android. Will I hose the functionality of the tablet?

Does anyone have a list of the apps the tablet needs to be functional?

Also if I don't need or use the Market, can I just remove it.

There are few apk's in system/app/ that I don't think we need on a tablet without a phone.
can you delete these things and let me know which one screws the device?

btw does anyone know if I Can delete gmail?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
But this is a smart cell phone OS most of the phone mods might be needed. Someone has to test this out on test unit. I won't be the one to do it.

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
can someone PLEASE post the ADB commands for deleting GTALK,stock browser,email,gmail OFF the device?!

PLEASE!
eek.gif

tecwizrd

Aug 10, 2010
This is what I have so far. I have deleted these apk's.
Phone.apk
gtalkservice.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk
TalkProvider.apk
Talk.apk
SetupWizard.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
GoogleApps.apk
NetworkLocation.apk

I have lost the functionality of You Tube, The Market, Gmail.

Also I have found that I can not set a wallpaper that was not on the tablet originally. I don't know yet if this is because of something I deleted or if it was like that to start with.

Ok update. I did a restore. I still cannot set a downloaded jpg as the background.

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Here's a handy little app that allows you to manage our startup tasks... maybe that can help... BUT you HAVE to HAVE ROOT!!!!

Startup Manager in the AndAPP store that Augen provided.... it seems to help with the mem constraints... yo can turn off quite a few system functions. i highly recommend getting it

tecwizrd

Aug 10, 2010
Bump. I did not realize, it does not update the time posted if you edit a previous post.