[TUT] Remove Some of the Bloatware

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
I've removed all the Emotion stuff, and even the Home launcher. No problems at all, no reboot loops. Currently using Zeam for my launcher.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
OK so i had to do fresh reload of 2.2.2 due to the fact i removed the Huawei home app......... because it kept rebooting into H home and not my launcher pro that was set as default.

So i would advise not to remove Huawei home app as i believe that was the culprit of my boot loop..........was just stuck on IDEOS boot up screen after i uninstalled Huawei home app and rebooted.

Can we get confirmation on all bloatware that can be removed with the new 2.2.2 , can we get rid of all the Emotion stuff still and not cause any boot loops ?

thx

i've removed home a bunch of times, on official and custom 2.2.2 roms, no problems. the instructions are the same as for 2.2.2. never tried it with launcher pro, i use adw.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I'm using Zeam too.

What risks would I run if I remove the Home launcher? If the Zeam launcher crashes too, did I just brick the device? Maybe a good definition of "brick your device" would help.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
k so all the Emotion stuff can be removed then?

I'm still gonna keep H home loaded , some ppl hve removed it with no probs , but when i did it stuck me on boot screen, forcing me to redo the 2.2 upgrade

everything is running great, just dealing with the lockscreen and wifi turning itself off on start or reboot ~ can live with that tho

loving my s7 !