saulscmit

Dec 22, 2015
Hello all,

Have been given a duff tablet to try and sort out. It's a Kyoto M700A MID (chinese iPad knock off) & it is locked on the boot up screen with "Kyoto" and the build number etc in the bottom right corner.

Android OS - 2.2
Kernel - 2.6.32
Build Number - V1.5.0

I have attempted to lift the screen out with IT screw drivers and remove the few screws holding it but they seem to just spin in place (loose mind you) and don't want to come out. Wanted to know the Board ID so I could try and find the firmware to flash the tablet and potentially fix it.

There seems to be a lack of information regarding this & trying to find a generic download for Android OS 2.2 without any malware is difficult (I've now downloaded 2, to only find, upon booting in Notepad+ that the code is malicious).

If anyone has any clue as to where this tablet's OS/Kernel flash firmware is then I would appreciate any guidance given. Otherwise, a legitimate generic Android OS 2.2 (or later) download would be appreciated. This thing apparently only came with a charging cable and no USB cable (it's USB 2.0 Type A by the looks of it), so connecting to my laptop is out of the question, I do have a micro SD card I can load Firmware onto to flash the tablet with & the capability to read the SD card with my computer, however, that is all useless if I can't find a suitable download.

Waffle waffle, thanks for reading :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'd suggest trying a factory reset: How Do I "Factory Reset" My Tablet? | Android Tablet Forum

If there are no instructions specifically for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying.

The cable on many chargers is plugged into the charger via a USB connector, and is actually a Charger/USB cable. Maybe yours is too?