Looking for 10" Android 2.2 Tablet under 300.00 with HDMI out.

BC4Jesus

Jan 7, 2011
Any ideas of a good model Android Tablet that will allow me to hook it to my LED TV and has 2.2 and at least a 10" screen? I would like to know a good model and where to buy it at. I'm coming across so many different tablets and I'm not sure what is good and what isn't.

Thanks much!

Bob C.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Anything with those features under $200 is going to be an issue.

You get what you pay for.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Sorry, my mistake. Archos right now, or wait a month.

WASPMAN3

Dec 26, 2010
BC4Jesus- Interesting to find someone else looking for pretty close to what I'm looking for. I had my heart set on an Archos 70 but now want the Archos 10.1. This thing looks sweet,course it's going to cost a tad over $300 if memory serves me correct. I'm wanting the 2.2 Froyo w/ my 10.1''. Also 512 Ram would be nice. What have you been looking at. Look this up and see what you think?

Android 2.2 OS 512 RAM Built in Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Processor Tablet PC M8003.flv
Probably copy/paste this and it'll come up as a youtube video I believe. Let me know.

BC4Jesus

Jan 7, 2011
BC4Jesus- Interesting to find someone else looking for pretty close to what I'm looking for. I had my heart set on an Archos 70 but now want the Archos 10.1. This thing looks sweet,course it's going to cost a tad over $300 if memory serves me correct. I'm wanting the 2.2 Froyo w/ my 10.1''. Also 512 Ram would be nice. What have you been looking at. Look this up and see what you think?

Android 2.2 OS 512 RAM Built in Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Processor Tablet PC M8003.flv
Probably copy/paste this and it'll come up as a youtube video I believe. Let me know.

That looks sweet! I think I'm going to buy that one. I get my tax return back next week and unless a better looking tablet and deal comes up before then, this looks like the one! Thanks!!!

.....oh wait, that doesn't seem to be a 10" screen. :-(

Last edited:

BC4Jesus

Jan 7, 2011
That same website sells a model M1002 (which has a 10" screen). Have you compared the 2? Is the screen size the only difference, or is the 8" unit much better? That ecargoonline site looks pretty decent!

This is all so confusing to me though. Which of the 2 would you go with?

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
That same website sells a model M1002 (which has a 10" screen). Have you compared the 2? Is the screen size the only difference, or is the 8" unit much better? That ecargoonline site looks pretty decent!

This is all so confusing to me though. Which of the 2 would you go with?
Hello, thanks for your attention to our website, those two devices you mentioned are both good, the Cortex A8 is the best seller in our store, and the M1002 is the newest 10" tablet pc with android 2.2 OS. no big difference btween the two, just with different Processor and screen size.
So if you want a 10" you can get the M1002. Welcome to order!:)

BC4Jesus

Jan 7, 2011
Hello, thanks for your attention to our website, those two devices you mentioned are both good, the Cortex A8 is the best seller in our store, and the M1002 is the newest 10" tablet pc with android 2.2 OS. no big difference btween the two, just with different Processor and screen size.
So if you want a 10" you can get the M1002. Welcome to order!:)

Okay, so one last question (since I really don't know much about processors):

Which of the two has the best processor in it?

Thanks!

Bob

limulus

Jan 4, 2011
It's nice that it's rooted and has market already installed. It has 512mb of memory and a nice price. However, it does not have a capacitive touch screen. It is a resistive touch screen.

IamKris

Jan 10, 2011
Interested to know this also. Are there any cheap china tablets that is capable of atleast playing HD videos smoothly?

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
Okay, so one last question (since I really don't know much about processors):

Which of the two has the best processor in it?

Thanks!

Bob
Hello, they're both with 800mhz processor, and the A8 is comes with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Processor and the M1002 is comes with a ZT-180 Processor. no big difference!

BC4Jesus

Jan 7, 2011
It's nice that it's rooted and has market already installed. It has 512mb of memory and a nice price. However, it does not have a capacitive touch screen. It is a resistive touch screen.

Could you explain what a "resistive touch screen" is and any alternatives and why I should not get a resistive touch screen? I'm sure this will help others too. Man, there is a lot more to consider than I thought.

Does the Archos 101 have a resistive touch screen too? That is the other model I have been considering (though I know it costs a bit more).

Thanks for ALL your help!