looking for advice

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
Hi all so I have been lurking around here for about a week and doing my own research. Initially I saw the toys r us black friday ad and saw that tablet. I can honestly say that I was unaware of android tablets and that I'm not to familiar with android itself. I do have an android phone (xperia10a) and its pretty cool. Back on topic, I started doing some research on the tablet and read some discouraging things both here and on slatedroid, I didn't want to buy something and hope that an update would fix it especially when I wasn't sure the update was comming. Now I have basically moved on and discovered the huawei s7 and fell in love, mainly because I could potenitally use it as a phone if my died as I do alot of traveling and dont always have a way to charge my cell. Now I MAY still get this but as I have to pay for my own tuition $300 may really hurt my pockets, I am still 22 with a low end job lol. Basically I was wondering if there was any other options...

1. I know I more then likley wont be able to use a diferent one as a cell because they dont all have the sim slot.
2. I could spend a little over 200 but not mch or I'd just buy the huawei
3. 7" screen works kinda like the 10" because I read books/comics and watch videos.
3. I know most have wifi but 3g would be a plus (once I figure out how to tether I wont really care)
4. regualr usb slot.
5. 2.2 prefered but I guess I could live with 2.1 for a while

I think thats about it. I know I'm not working with alot but was hoping you guys could point me in the area of something I really want to pick up a tablet and stop dragging my damn laptop with me everywhere.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
You can find a comparison chart between different android tablets at the link in my signature. hope this helps in finding a good tablet for your needs.

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
Ok, So I just went to best buy...

7" is definatly a good size because I held the Ipad and its fucking enormous might as well have a netbook. Now its between the huawei s7 or the archos 7. That goes down to

1. s7 can be used as my phone
2. archos 7 is 100 bucks cheaper

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Ok, So I just went to best buy...

2. archos 7 is 100 bucks cheaper

Warning: The Archos 7 is NOT the Archos 70. it uses an old version of Android. The Archos 7 HT is going cheap just because it is nearly obsolete, and Archos is dumping them and the Archos 5. You can pick the Archos 5 (which is more of a PMP) with a 500Gb drive inside for about 350-400 right now. and the 32Gb Archos 5 will be a Black Friday special.

ovenwu

Nov 8, 2010
I recommend this 7" tablet PC with Android 2.1 from China it's cheap and good quality.pls see the click here.
Gpad G11 Android 2.1 MID 7 Inch 2GB 1080P 3D Games Black [sku2219] - US$157.99 : CES-shopping
Wish you like it

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
no offense intended but is the above linked store reliable. the prices seem to good to be true

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
All I can say is you are buying from China direct vs buying it from a ToysRUs or BestBuy. You will have the potentially lower price. But:
1. You will also have the joy of getting support from China if there is a problem.
2. You have the immediate gratification if you have it in your hands while you wait for delivery
3. You will have the joy of shipping and customs payment if you are forced to return for any reason.

That is why there is the markup once it gets here. I posted a comment thread about this in detail. You get what you pay for. The dealer in China may be reputable, but it is sometimes extremely handy to be able to drive to that BestBuy or Sears for a return.