Merimobiles.com

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Doesn't he reply to emails within 24-48 hrs??

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz via tapatalk!
It was almost 4 days, still no reply. Finally i gave in and decided to use that Live Chat they have on their website to get someone. I finally did and they said they would send it out on Monday and email me a tracking number. Of course, i have my doubts if this will actually happen but nevertheless i will once again give them the benefit of the doubt. Oh, and finally when i said asked for their name, they left the chat unanswered for more than 10 minutes, at which point i closed the live chat.

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
So they said they would ship my new device on Monday. Of course this hasn't happened, nor have I heard from them either. Why am I not surprised?! Time to send an email, which probably will take forever to get a reply. If I'm even lucky enough to get a reply.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

newtabguy

Nov 13, 2010
I just ordered from Merimobiles.. I have heard mixed reviews, but I will give anyone at least one chance..

Radek

Oct 6, 2010
I've sent my apad to merimobiles.com customer service on August and the tracking number confirm that they get the apad the ten of september.
Now, two months later they still say that they don't have the apad whe it's clear that the package was picked up by them, the trackin service say so and i fill in a reclamation on the postal service and they confirm that to me.
I would not buy even a paper clip to merimobiles.com, when you pay something cheap you get that awfull service.

Joesph

Nov 29, 2010
Hello,

I'm new to the whole Adndroid tablet scene but I spent the last 2 days researching about a 100 tablets on the net and watching way too many youtube videos. I really thought I had found what I wanted, something that had: 1GB CPU, 512 memory, Capacitive Multitouch, Android 2.2, 1080P and 10". Here's the link Herotab M10 Android 2.2 Flash 10.1 1GHz A8 CPU Capacitive Multitouch **PRE-ORDER**

But, after reading all the bad experiences now I am having second thoughts about paying $300 plus shipping so I can go through a really bad and stressful experience... what are the alternatives to Merimobiles?

Do we buy straight from the wholesalers in China? What kind of experience will we have with them? Even ebay links are from China or Hong Kong sellers. Most of what has a US city is just drop shipping from the wholesellers in China/Hong Kong.

BestBuy has a couple of $300 tablets that don't come close to the Specs on the M10 and Samsungs $500 tablet is a joke plus you need to pay for 3g from a cell carrier. The Archos 70 is nice but also expensive.

Not sure what to do so I may wait until after the new year for the dust to settle and prices to come down, as well as more name brands to enter the US market.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
I am glad there is a post about this site as I am looking to buy one soon and had a few on my list from their site.

Sep 20, 2010
Hi everybody, first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences with Merimobiles, whether they be good or bad. We do take each experience as a constructive critisim to improve our service.

1.Some people were talking about the fact they send back a device for repair and it too a while to get it back. But people, do not believe everything you read. Its in our best interest to repair and return a device as soon as we receive it. It would be totally absurd not to do so. However there is a logic to it: we have to receive your product to fix it in send it back. If we did not receive, we cannot repair/replace it. The method of shippment used by the customer determines the possible ETA. Repairing a device can take 1-2weeks. The only reason we won't be able to repair a device is if we did not receive it back, but we still find a way to find some grounds of understandings.

2.To those who've complained about not getting a fast response, I have to say im shocked to hear that. We priorotize answering all emails, and some are answered so fast we've had customers ask Philip if he ever get any sleep. We get a high number of phone calls throught our 1800 number everyday, we try to answer them all, those that we miss we place a call back, unless we get the customer to send us an email in this case we will reply by email. We try to keep our customers as updated as possible and not many sites have live support, a 1800 number and email system.

3.As we grow with the community we also try to improve the products and the service. With more traffic comes more problems to solve, but we are up to the task. Any electronic device can have an issue, either it be an Ipad, a foreign tablet or a Sony Camera, we make a constant effort to promptly find a solution for you.

4. As we said at first we thank you for your feedback and ideas. Forums and blogs are a good way to find information, now not all information is accurate on the web or tell the complete story. Read the positive and the not so good feedback. We do suggest that you still give us a call to get EVEN MORE informations.

All in all we will continue to work hard and serve the community as its our passion at Merimobiles, and we will work hard , harder, and more to improve the service and keep bringing the latest products out on the market for you to enjoy.

Thank you all

Philip
Merimobiles Service Team

adcliff

Nov 23, 2010
Read a few negative posts regarding merimobiles before ordering 2 WITS A81E+ tablets from them.
I ordered early on Friday the 26th of November (04:00 am) and both devices arrived today in perfect working condition. As an added bonues I only had to pay an extra £17 for the customs clearance.
I have gone thorugh an initial set-up and tested both devices and I am surprised at the quality. I wasn't expecting them to be anywhere near as good as the iPad , but they aren't far off, and for a 3rd of the price.

flip3547

Dec 7, 2010
That's good to hear, I just ordered mine from them today and I was hoping for a good experience. I'm hoping it does. I do have a question though, you mentioned something about a customs charge, I didn't see anything related to such a charge. I did pay for the DHL express shipping, I wanted it before Christmas, so is that covering a customs charge? Or will I be contacted later about it? Forgive me, new to ordering stuff from China!

adcliff

Nov 23, 2010
That's good to hear, I just ordered mine from them today and I was hoping for a good experience. I'm hoping it does. I do have a question though, you mentioned something about a customs charge, I didn't see anything related to such a charge. I did pay for the DHL express shipping, I wanted it before Christmas, so is that covering a customs charge? Or will I be contacted later about it? Forgive me, new to ordering stuff from China!

When purchasing outside the EU and importing in there is tax to pay... DHL | Duties and Taxes | English

I was expecting to pay around £60, but only paid £17 on 2 tablets.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010

If you are in the US. There should be no customs, unless you ordered multiples generally. ie ordering more than 2 usually indicates you are planning for resale or similar.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
good to hear. I am being in the middle of the shopping season, webstore are having a hard time keeping up with the demand for items so naturally not someone is going to get the short end of the stick. From my experience Phillip has been a stand up guy who stands behind his products.

You should do a review of your tablets btw

flip3547

Dec 7, 2010
Thanks for the info, I will definitely do a review on my tablet when it arrives. I ordered a Wopad WR701Rockchip 600MHz android 2.1 Capacitive Multitouch Metal Case. I will be looking into rooting and custom roms as well. Thanks again.

djjinx1

Dec 3, 2010
So anyone bought anything lately?? Looking at a tab in january and Merimobiles was my first choice....