Merimobiles.com

TokyoSeven

Jan 15, 2011
I placed my order on Monday the 9th. Received an automated confirmation of payment and have nothing heard from them since. I expected to be supplied with shipping information either Thursday or Friday but received nothing. I emailed their customer support and hopefully will have a response with my tracking number by Monday since its the next business day. From reading a majority of the responses in this thread I believe its safe to assume that dealing with merimobiles can be a mixed bag experience. For all I know by the time they actually give me tracking info I may already be playing angry birds on my Herotab. I'll post updates if anything changes or goes horribly wrong.

ALFAOMEGA 74

Jan 7, 2011
IM SURE YOU WELL GET IT A MAY BE A 30 DAYS LATER BUT IM SURE YULL GET IT ! NOW IF IT WORKS WHEN YOU DO WILL BE ANOTHER STORY:cool: OH AND DONT FORGET MONDAY IS M.L.K. DAY! TO THEM ITS A HOLIDAY

Last edited:

omydanie

Jan 6, 2011
going through a legendary paypal dispute with merimobiles at the moment guys! It is full of inconsistency, lies and poor business ethics from Merimobiles side. I will post our communication and the outcome as soon as the dispute has been sorted.

my only advice to people who are still waiting for shipment or have a defective product (like me) is to open a paypal dispute, get evidence to support your argument ( this thread is very helpful as 3rd part evidence as clearly the review system at merimobiles.com is rigged) and get paypal to decide. The more people for bring up disputes about merimobiles officially through paypal, the better the chances of consumers (like us) to get what we paid for. Paypal will close their account down if they have hit a certain amount of lost disputes.

Will keep you guys updated on my legendary dispute with Merimobiles!!

TokyoSeven

Jan 15, 2011
IM SURE YOU WELL GET IT A MAY BE A 30 DAYS LATER BUT IM SURE YULL GET IT ! NOW IF IT WORKS WHEN YOU DO WILL BE ANOTHER STORY:cool: OH AND DONT FORGET MONDAY IS M.L.K. DAY! TO THEM ITS A HOLIDAY

So you mean they will use it as an excuse for not returning my emails. I find it strange that they would observe Martin Luther King day.
I will try contacting them by phone this coming week to see if I can get any additional information.

Last edited:

texas123

Jan 17, 2011
Sounds like my experience is similar to many of you. I placed my order the first week of January and paid for the expedited DHL shipping. Each day I looked for the tracking number and after about a week I sent an e-mail requesting information. That e-mail was not returned so several days later I sent another e-mail through the live chat link (which was not live for a week) which again was not returned. Finally, on Saturday I sent another message that received a response within a few hours telling me that my order had "fallen through the cracks" and that it would definitely ship out on Monday. Based upon some of the stories I heard I was not so hopeful. The very next day (yesterday/Sunday) I receive a response from the message I sent through the live chat link and the response said that my package was waiting at my local DHL facility with an address error. I found it very odd that I would be told that my order had not shipped yet because of an error and the very next day I find out that it is basically in my backyard. I am going to pick it up today and I am hoping against hope that there are no issues with it. Also, just to be fair the address error had nothing to do with Merimobiles rather DHL's inability to find my house.

TokyoSeven

Jan 15, 2011
Well I got on the horn this morning and left a message for a call back but after a few moments of pondering I concluded that odds of a call back where about as likely as them returning my emails. I noticed the live support button was active so I clicked that and was put into a que that last about a minute. I was greeted and asked the nature of of my inquiry and was then provided the appropriate information in regards to tracking my order. Unfortunately it was revealed to me that my order was shipped via DHL and not EMS as I had requested. I was grateful for the free upgrade but when I placed my order I had specifically chosen to not use DHL despite the fact that it was $1 dollar more and 3 days quicker. Due to personal issues with DHL in the past, I would actually pay more money for a slower method of shipment than let anything of mine near that company. I know many of you have had nothing but good experiences from DHL and I can fully respect that, I'm just stating my experiences as well. I frequently order from thinkgeek and 100% of the time I receive my packages and goods damaged in some way or another.

I suppose I will just have to wait to receive my tablets, they should be arriving with in a day or so and hopefully they will be functioning. Although I'm still skeptical of that at this point, I was hopeful until I was notified that DHL was given the task to deliver my items.
I guess I'll have to wait and see.

xray35

Dec 22, 2010
I bought a J-Pad and it worked for 20 minutes. Only could contact them through thier Chat room and had to spend $40.00 to send back to Hong Kong. I think that Montreal is a front. Today I received a replacement and it I can learn Chinese I'll be in good shape. Anyone know how to change from Chinese set up to English?

Shanksta

Oct 25, 2010
I received my tablet from Merrimobiles in the time promised so compared to some I guess that's saying something good for them. But one of the buttons on my tablet doesn't respond and I was told by their 'support' to turn it off and back on, when I confirmed that this has been done since receiving the tablet, it was secondly suggested to upgrade the firmware. At that point I knew they weren't in any position to really assist. There's no firmware upgrade link on their site as suggested and how would a firmware update change something hardware related.

Also, read the return policies. Could get pricey to return a unit if defective. They know what they're doing, you should too before you purchase. I am mostly pleased with the tablet I have. It wasn't overly expensive and does what I wanted it to do and that is play videos on my downtime, but if it goes anytime soon, I'm either spending more to get them to fix or buy something somewhere else. I'm sure Merrimobiles monitors the tablet sites in an attempt to cya, but word has to get around eventually, buy at your own risk.

martonic

Jan 18, 2011
Hi Folks.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that my experience with Merimobiles "customer support" has been no less than excruciating.

On December 26 I ordered two Wopad WR701 (capacitive) along with two Keyboard/Case. I paid USD $66 for DHL shipping.

The order actually came pretty fast - it arrived about January 5. However, only one Keyboard/Case was included. Furthermore, on one of the Wopad units the speakers did not work at all.

I waited 4 hours for online "chat" and then got disconnected. BTW the chat feature has an "audible alert" option that does not work. The little window does not stay on top or come back to the top. So you have to literally sit there for hour after hour and keep clicking the damn thing to check it - only to get disconnected before you get any help.

They claim to provide support by Skype as well as telephone. However, they never answer either the telephone or the Skype - or return messages - so what's the use. I have also sent emails, but it takes days for them to respond to an email, and even then the responses are vague, terse and unhelpful.

On January 10 I sent them (by email) a scan of the "Certificate of Mailing" of the faulty Wopad for which I shelled out another $24 to ship it back to mainland China.

There was no response for five days. Finally, on January 15 I got an email reply with the following (entire) content:

Hi you want us to reship a new Wopad correct..

At this point I was in a Motel trying to use the Keyboard/Case that came with the working Mopad, but that did not work. I replied to the email saying yes, I want them to ship, but I want a Keyboard that works. That was four days ago. I sent another such email yesterday. So far, no reply to these emails - nothing.

Today, back at home, I discovered that my Case/Keyboard accessory has the wrong type of USB connector. So I ordered an adapator from here:

Amazon.com: Manhattan, USB A Male to Mini-5 Female Adapter: Electronics

I am hoping that this will get the first half of my order to work.

Meanwhile, since they don't answer telephone, skype, or emails, I tried twice more to get a conversation going via "online chat". As I said, the first time I waited four hours and then got "Operator Logged Out". The second time, two hours with the same result. The third time (today), one hour with the same result. Today's message "Operator Logged Out" came at 10:00 am Pacific time. Currently chat is "Offline". Their Home Page says that chat is available Mon-Thurs from 10am to 4 pm Eastern Time. Well, 4 pm Eastern time, Wednesday will come in three more hours, but I already got "Logged Out" - and it seems to be done for the day.

To date I paid Merimobiles for two Wopad, two Keyboard/Case, $66 for original shipping and $24 to ship one faulty Wopad back. I also paid for two extra power adapters and one soft case - all of which has yet to arrive.

I have for all this one working Wopad - that's it - and I can't get through to them by any means at my disposal.

EDIT: the power adapters and the second keyboard/case finally arrived. This keyboard also has the wrong USB plug, so I ordered another adapter from Amazon.

However, my 2nd Wopad has not yet arrived. They said via online chat on January 20 that "it had been shipped by EMS" and I would get the tracking number within 48 hours. That was 6 days ago...

I was also told - by email on Jan 22 - that they are waiting for my return to arrive back in Shenzen and when it does, they will ship a replacement by regular mail. When I objected strenuously to this concept I got back another email saying that this is incorrect. But I still have no evidence to the contrary.

Simply Excruciating.

Last edited:

jfmenard

Jan 13, 2011
I had a bad exprience as well. I ordered a Herotab on December 26, received it on January 7. Everything was fine & worked well for a week before the tablet died suddenly 2 days ago. Since then, I tried to contact them via email, no response yet. Tried via online chat, waited and waited in queue for hours...

I will give them a chance, they might be overwhelmed by their Decembre 26 sell, but if they don't respond by the end of the week, I will take action. Like them, I'm from Montreal, so maybe I could pay them a visit?...

TokyoSeven

Jan 15, 2011
Parcel just arrived today. As expected the packaging was damaged and mangled but then again my experience with DHL wouldnt be complete without it. Luckily the pads themselves were in there own respective boxes inside a larger well padded well taped box. So barring any kicking or dropping from heights my pads should be fine. The parcel was ice cold so I am going to wait till both items warm up to at least room temperture before powering them up and giving them a full inspection with a full charge and burn out. I will post updates on my findings as I go.

Calbocano

Oct 27, 2010
The Speaker on my Haipad M701-R failed but the audio in the headphone jack was OK
I contacted Merimobiles where I purchased the unit on 10/9/10 and received it about 3 weeks later. They sent me the return instructions and I shipped it off yesterday. It cost $14 for USPS Priority Mail and God Knows what it will cost them to return it to me. I am curious how long it will take to get it back to replace a $1 part. The unit is great, my family and I use it daily. I am going to miss it while It is gone.

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
I can't speak for Merimobiles. I purchased mine from Pandawill and sent it back Nov 1st and got it back Dec 24th... So all I can say is put it out of your mind and the time will go by faster.

Jan 21, 2011
I purchased a Herotab M816 on 1/10/2010 and after ten days I still don't have shipping date. I paid extra for express shipping from DHL but no response to voicemails, emails, or twitter post. I would like to get soon as I will be leaving to go the road. Just like to get the correct expectation as to whether items are backordered or if their are other hold-ups. Don't know if i should cancel my order and find another vedor or Product to replace this order

Last edited: