Mobile or Tablet ?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Day by day the size of mobile screen getting bigger and bigger, now recently out SGS - 2 got 4.3 inches screen. But would that affect eBook readers ?

I can easily read on 4.3 screen without any issues and I feel it as comfortable. Also the weight, weight of mobile is <<<< Nook Color :p

But we still like our Nook Color over mobiles any day for reading. Why ? Bigger screen, better reading ? List your reasons :)

PS - Related to only Reading and eBooks. No games. Considering Nook Color as a ebook reader, not a full fledged tablet.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i consider reading not only ebook but also newsreaders such as pulse and taptu and browsing website- in all of these cases the bigger screen of the nook wins hands down - most of the time i can read a web page without needing to scroll or at the very least the need to scroll is much much less
speaking just on books - the bigger screen is much less strain on the eyes and i can read for much longer with it than with a cell phone

and the last benefit for me is not using up my cell phone's battery so it is available to use when needed

Day by day the size of mobile screen getting bigger and bigger, now recently out SGS - 2 got 4.3 inches screen. But would that affect eBook readers ?

I can easily read on 4.3 screen without any issues and I feel it as comfortable. Also the weight, weight of mobile is <<<< Nook Color :p

But we still like our Nook Color over mobiles any day for reading. Why ? Bigger screen, better reading ? List your reasons :)

PS - Related to only Reading and eBooks. No games. Considering Nook Color as a ebook reader, not a full fledged tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i consider reading not only ebook but also newsreaders such as pulse and taptu and browsing website- in all of these cases the bigger screen of the nook wins hands down - most of the time i can read a web page without needing to scroll or at the very least the need to scroll is much much less
speaking just on books - the bigger screen is much less strain on the eyes and i can read for much longer with it than with a cell phone

and the last benefit for me is not using up my cell phone's battery so it is available to use when needed

Pretty much nailed it. Reduced scrolling alone is worth it if you are trying to read anything more than a few screens long. It is easy to underesimate how the benefits of a even couple of extra sentences per page and how much less frequently you have to scroll or turn the page.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I believe the reason I like to read on the nook is because the size of the nook remind me of the size of a book, I' ve been reading books all my life and I like to touch the paper and smell the printed pages so I was really surprise I can enjoy reading on the nook.....the only think that makes me forget I' m on the nook and not on a book, is the size..

Gloria

Last edited:

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Both?? I'm not going to carry my NC around the mall. I prefer my D2 for travel by foot. NC is good when at home or traveling in the car.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011

I'm ok with reading on a small screen because before I got my Nook Color, my portable device of choice was a Dell Axim PDA.. It fit right into my pocket, and I miss that. Of course, the NC does a tone more than just reading books, so it's worth the extra difficulty. One thing I WISH that a reader app would introduce is reading "from the cloud".. I read on both my NC and my phone, and I wish the reader app (Aldiko for me..) could sync the two installations and keep track of where I'm at in my books. I'm fine with storing the files locally, but store the saves and bookmarks "out there" somewhere.. I'd pay for that service..

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
Kindle synchs across devices/apps; I was stuck waiting for about ten minutes the other day when out shopping, so I downloaded to my EVO the book I was reading at home, and it opened to the last page I'd read. Doesn't nook do that?