[MOD] Rooted PDN ROM (7/24, 8/6, 8/20 versions): Market, volume hack built-in

Jan 6, 2011
Same problem here marketplace just gives a server error, any advise?

Using the v4 rom, I get the same problem. I can enter my account info and read the ToS, but after that, all I get is a server error. There was a marketplace update in mid December. I went and pulled down the 2.2.7 release for Android 2.1 and installed it via ADB. After clearing all data on the device the following sequence occurs.

Start Market
Prompted for Google login credentials
Login succeeds and I get booted back to the home screen.
Start Market
I get prompted to accept the TOS
Accept TOS
Booted back to home screen
Start Market
Get "A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

jellono

Jan 2, 2011
Get "A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

This will sound stupid bit it worked for me 4 times sofar on 2 diffrent Pan 7" units..

Install another user by going to

Settings
Accounts & sync
Add account

I added my wife's account did not check any of the sync items and accepted..

Made sure I had Wifi Connection.. Then went to the market..
It launched no problem..
I removed her account..
I now have the Whole Google suite running no problem...

I have done this several times and it always seems to work.

Dave.

PS I got this from Slaitdroid (mac1_131)
Alternate White PDN firmware: Stock-based framework with Market

4th paragraph down..

Jan 6, 2011
This will sound stupid bit it worked for me 4 times sofar on 2 diffrent Pan 7" units..

Settings
Accounts & sync
Add account

It launched no problem..
I removed her account..

Dave.

4th paragraph down..

Yep, that did it. Thanks for the hints.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010

Settings
Accounts & sync
Add account

It launched no problem..
I removed her account..

Dave.

4th paragraph down..

BTW... ditto for me, worked like a charm!

Jan 6, 2011
Has anyone gotten Titanium Backup to work with the v4 image? I have tried the various fixes floating around to no avail. The busybox in /system/xbin has the wrong perms as it comes in the image. It is 666 instead of 755 or 6755. The /system/bin/su command is also missing the setuid/setgid bits. Both of those I fixed, but Titanium Backup still complains about not getting root. The Superuser Whitelist on the market won't install. Time to take a break I guess... :) *Edit* Think I'm going to try the v5.01 release and see how that goes. Thanks to everyone working so hard on this for putting up for those of us who are learning.

Last edited:

jellono

Jan 2, 2011
Has anyone gotten Titanium Backup to work with the v4 image? I have tried the various fixes floating around to no avail. The busybox in /system/xbin has the wrong perms as it comes in the image. It is 666 instead of 755 or 6755. The /system/bin/su command is also missing the setuid/setgid bits. Both of those I fixed, but Titanium Backup still complains about not getting root. The Superuser Whitelist on the market won't install. Time to take a break I guess... :) *Edit* Think I'm going to try the v5.01 release and see how that goes. Thanks to everyone working so hard on this for putting up for those of us who are learning.

Let me know what you find out. I posted another thread thaw gone nowhere.

Jan 6, 2011

gmurphy

Jul 30, 2010
hey guys,

scored wpd sixty clams! seems good so far, going to root tonight. can i go from v1 to the latest fw?

Jan 6, 2011
Did this really Work?
I have 5.01v installed and was sure I tryed this and failed.. Does it work?

Well, I spoke to soon. Backups work. No complaints about root and it does take a backup of everything. Restores, on the other hand.... :confused: Restoring just app data appears to work (Ti Backup reports success), but none of the data is restored. Trying to restore an app or an app + data fails, regardless of the restore method selected from the menu. Time for some more googling I guess.

--SS

djman

Jan 13, 2011
Hey Tipstir you seem to know what your talking about so I was hoping you could help me with my problem. I have a white pandigital novel that I've flashed into tablet running Cruz Android and all seems fine but: the battery level says zero percent, the battery status says full. Everything seems to work fine but when I unplug it from the A/C current it says plug in A/C for 1 second and then shuts off, therefore I can't run it without being plug into the wall. I think it must have somthing to do with the root system being messed up but don't know for sure. I have tried reflashing but to no avail. Do you have any answers for this? PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN THANKS

jellono

Jan 2, 2011
Well, I spoke to soon. Backups work. No complaints about root and it does take a backup of everything. Restores, on the other hand.... :confused: Restoring just app data appears to work (Ti Backup reports success), but none of the data is restored. Trying to restore an app or an app + data fails, regardless of the restore method selected from the menu. Time for some more googling I guess.

--SS

Ok Here try this one...

Titanium Fix

blanny431

Jan 13, 2011
(note: keeping the original title, even though there is now a 9/23 update -- too many links to this location so I cannot change it)

NOTE: This is presented "as-is" -- please USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! If you have any issues with this mod, you should be able to re-flash back to stock to get back to a stable baseline.

What this is:

A full firmware modification for the white Pandigital Novel (all versions, tmk). See the changelogs for details, as these mods have changed heavily with each revision. The main versions WILL wipe all user data, so be aware of that.

----------------------------------------------------

ver1 (7/24 based) altered firmware link: S10_08_01_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip
md5sum: f2ca61787dc97493edba999397f6ba23

ver2 (8/6 based) altered firmware link: S10_08_12_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip
md5sum: 7e2e71ca01c7ecd9d5539b56f4504336

ver3 (8/20 based) altered firmware link: S10_08_27_K3_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip
md5sum: ec2d1481a1c462e909cdd748f829e510

ver4 (9/23 based) altered firmware link: SD_PDN_4_01_GE_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip
md5sum: b2fffeb029e256b09a4f5c2bd4b7bd9a

ver4 supplement (run after ver4, non-destructive): SD_PDN_SUPP10_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip
md5sum: 147f58ffb54f88cd751a656da8ccf7e8

(supplement is a 4.00 / 4.01 add-on that fixes root on 4.00 and also fixes the rotation issues with both 4.00/4.01)

-----------------------------------------

ver1 (7/24 based) changelog: Adds the volume hack and the Google Experience Alpha. Just choose which home screen to use after the reboot, and you are in.

ver2 (8/6 based) changelog: Additionally, I added the DVM update, the root hack as as well as Clockworx's "non-ugly" Market hack. I've heard that the ZIP file name syntax doesn't work. I would suggest renaming it to "S10_08_06_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip" before putting it on your SD card

ver3 (8/20 based) changelog: I added the root hack, a stripped down GE (using the 2.1 alpha as my guide), the "non-ugly" market hack, "PSMode=CAM" for Wireless, and the notification bar hack. The DVM update is being removed as some of you didn't care for it in the last mod. To get past the initial Google screen after the first reboot: tap all four black corners clockwise (starting with the upper left) and that will bypass the setup screen. It should not reappear. Also, a video I found on this, in case you have any problems: Android Quick Tip: How to Bypass Setup Wizard

ver4 (9/23 based) changelog: Has full GE with non-ugly hack and Vending.apk October 2010 update, root hack, PSMode=CAM for wireless, notification bar, gottahavit soft buttons, 270 rotation (kind of works, crashes on some homescreens), Ubuntu font used as main font, a winhelp2002 hosts file to reduce adware, and a Cruz launcher with ability to add more icons to the homescreen. After the firmware install / first reboot, choose "home" as your homescreen, and choose it as the default if you don't want to choose after each reboot. The PDN launcher is still there and should still be accessible by accessing a PDN app in the pulldown menu.

Hey how can you tell what firmware you already have on your novel? I ran the firmware that was on pandigital so that I could just run their open platform and I did everything exactly like they said but when I put the sd card in and held down the vol up and the on button the android dude came up and st arted but then it stopped and a sign that was shaped like a yeild sign came up with a exclamation point in the middle of it and it just sat there.............I had to reset it to get it to do anything...do you have any ideas???thanks alot Kev