Need Advice please. $200 and Confused??

Seannson

Dec 3, 2011
Hi, Abbydog. I would check out the Le Pan Tablets. I'm not bashing the china wholesale sites but I have had problems with some of them. I just bought two of the Le Pan TC 970s on Amazon and Im gonna order two of the Le Pan II Tablets on Tuesday. The reviews are great on these but I can't really tell you anything about my personal experience with them yet. (wife won't let me have them till Christmas)

Wiener Dogs rule. I have Two

stocksj

Nov 22, 2011
AbbeyDog,
Check out the Vizio VTAB1008 tablet. Walmart, Sams and Costco is selling it under $200 and it has Netflix and also has a mini HDMI port. Should do the job unless you find something better and cheaper.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
HAHA! so true. they love to tunnel under the covers.

And sometimes i play what i call "Blanky Monster" where my dog is above the sheets and i move my hand around under and she like ninja jumps and attacks it! they are the cutest dogs ever!

View attachment 4818

We play that game! We call it "get the bug". Mine is a doxie/sheltie mix. She's hilarious.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I just have to post a link to the walmart Coby MID1125, if we hadn't just snagged a dell netbook (I know, I know, but it was a killer deal, I had to jump) we'd be ALL OVER This COby deal for $188 at walmart! If I'm not too late and you didn't order yet, THIS device has multi-touch and all kinds of great features. :) I covered my research notes in a thread you can find linked in my siggy if you want more info on this Coby and other tablets, both 10" & 7" sizes. :)

Walmart.com: Coby MID1125-4G 10.1" Kyros Touchscreen Internet Tablet for Android: Computers

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I bought a Dell refurbished netbook for one of my kids almost a year ago. He has abused the snot out of it and it still works great. Had a few viruses from questionable websites. But we won't go there.

jsetgirl

Dec 12, 2011
I just have to post a link to the walmart Coby MID1125, if we hadn't just snagged a dell netbook (I know, I know, but it was a killer deal, I had to jump) we'd be ALL OVER This COby deal for $188 at walmart! If I'm not too late and you didn't order yet, THIS device has multi-touch and all kinds of great features. :) I covered my research notes in a thread you can find linked in my siggy if you want more info on this Coby and other tablets, both 10" & 7" sizes. :)

Walmart.com: Coby MID1125-4G 10.1" Kyros Touchscreen Internet Tablet for Android: Computers

This sounds like a great deal, thanks so much for the info. Do you know if the Coby tablets have gorilla glass? I am in the market for 2 tablets for my kids and I understand that the gorilla glass is fairly strong. Thanks for your help!

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
This sounds like a great deal, thanks so much for the info. Do you know if the Coby tablets have gorilla glass? I am in the market for 2 tablets for my kids and I understand that the gorilla glass is fairly strong. Thanks for your help!

Probably not. But while Gorilla Glass is strong, it's not indestructible. An errant drop can cause it to shatter. And people have reported scratches on Gorilla Glass. This is why I put plastic screen protectors on all our touchscreens....tablets, phones.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Although you can scratch Gorilla Glass it is not easy. I have three Devices with Gorilla Glass, the oldest my iPod touch at well over a year and while I am not careful (especially with the iPod) I don't have a single scratch on any of the devices.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
No gorilla glass in the coby, but it's a good idea to get a screen protector anyway. I am with jseah on this. :)

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
My problem is I've yet to find a screen protector that doesn't compromise the viewing quality of the screen. With some it is minimal, but it is still a compromise. Of course, if I did somehow manage to scratch my screen I would probably be devestated....

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Gorilla Glass isn't the be all, end all of screens. I've scratched my Droid X's screen just from being pocketed with other things.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Gorilla Glass isn't the be all, end all of screens. I've scratched my Droid X's screen just from being pocketed with other things.

No, but it is the best thing going so far.

pasdf91aew

Dec 14, 2011
Be able to hookup to a TV and watch a movie though it. Use netflix, again play games. And if it could take pictures it would be great. Obviously a SD card expansion would be needed. Multi-Touch would be awesome. I would like to have every featur possible but obviously thats not gonna happen.
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited: