Need Firmware Update for Eken M001 tablet

Johnnywhizkid

Jun 11, 2010
Hi,

Anyone knows where to get the firmware update for the Eken M001 tablet also known as the Apad?

I reset the device and when it came back, it asked to calibrate the screen, the calibration failed and after that I cannot access the icons on the touchscreen anymore because the touches are off the icons. I tried to reset it by pressing the reset button at the back but still the calibration option is still not accessible. I researched and one way of forcing the calibration is to run a firmware update but I cannot find the firmware update anywhere.

Any help will be well appreciated.

Thanks

fancyui

Jun 15, 2010
Hi,

Anyone knows where to get the firmware update for the Eken M001 tablet also known as the Apad?

I reset the device and when it came back, it asked to calibrate the screen, the calibration failed and after that I cannot access the icons on the touchscreen anymore because the touches are off the icons. I tried to reset it by pressing the reset button at the back but still the calibration option is still not accessible. I researched and one way of forcing the calibration is to run a firmware update but I cannot find the firmware update anywhere.

Any help will be well appreciated.

Thanks

just try to calibrate it again and again

mattstakilla

Jun 13, 2010
i just helped someone earlier with this. take the mini usb dongle to reg usb and plug it in. plug in your usb mouse and it should give you a pointer on the screen.

recalibrate it and you should be up and running again

also, this tablet is not considered the apad. saying this can get people confused

Last edited:

linuxluver

Jun 29, 2010
go to //http://www.slatedroid.com/

They have several custom firmwares for the eken m001 and a lot of other useful stuff! (I upgraded mine to the latest ECOTOX and works fine!)

I've been trying to download the official v1.7.4 update for the Eken M001 from Staledroid, but the download keeps failing part way through and the whole site produces "server too busy" errors when you try to interact with it in the forums or whatever else.

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
I've been trying to download the official v1.7.4 update for the Eken M001 from Staledroid, but the download keeps failing part way through and the whole site produces "server too busy" errors when you try to interact with it in the forums or whatever else.

Just received my M001 and am confused about the version it says ver 1.6 but build 1.74 so does that mean its up to date?

Only im having a problem with it crashing when I switch the wifi on, it reboots then recognises its got wifi and crashes again till I get in quickly and switch the wifi off then it works fine till the wifi is turned on again.

Does this sound like a firmware issue?

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
received a really quick reply from the company i bought it from and they have asked me to reset and have sent me a link to download m001 android 1.7.4 firmware and hopefully that will solve the problem, so maybe it was just a corrupt install?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
can u please upload the firmware somewhere and let us know where you out it so we all cam have it too thank

wmv55

Aug 14, 2010
In my screen I have demo version any body now how to delete or reset that screen

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Generic ROM build 1.9.1 will work as the author has EKEN as well. Look under Gome Flytouch forum here for the firmware.