need recommendation for tablet

sylvestor

Nov 1, 2010
Hi,

I've been searching around for a good tablet. I've read alot of information, but I'm still not sure which make/model I should buy.

My criteria:

1. cost between $140 to $180
2. be upgradeable to android 2.2
3. must have hdmi 1080p output for tv
4. must be hackable
5. must have android market (or hackable.)
6. must have wifi "N"
7. must be 7"
8. atleast 3 hours battery life while surfing the internet.

please send me your recommendations....

thanks.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Sorry, Reality Check. Maybe in a year but not right now. The big limiter is your price, N capable and 2.2. What you describe would cost about $200 minimum if you want one that is stable. And IF there was one that was full N ready. Majority are still B/G.
Not saying it is not out there, but you are way low on price with your requirements.

Xoosp

Nov 2, 2010
Hello,

Im allso looking fot buying a good tablet, but I'm still not sure which make/model I should buy. There is too much rubbish for sale. I have read this forum for a few times now but can't come to a good decision.

My criteria:

- Cost max $250
- upgradeable to android 2.2 would be nice
- like to be able to "root" the device and be able to install custom firmware '
- 8" or bigger
- as much battery life as possible

please send me your recommendations....

thanks.

sylvestor

Nov 1, 2010
Sorry, Reality Check. Maybe in a year but not right now. The big limiter is your price, N capable and 2.2. What you describe would cost about $200 minimum if you want one that is stable. And IF there was one that was full N ready. Majority are still B/G.
Not saying it is not out there, but you are way low on price with your requirements.

Ok, if you drop the "N" requirement to "g", is there any tablet that will fit my criteria and budget ?

What are the advantages of android 2.2 compared to android 2.1 ?

hypergolic

Oct 29, 2010
I think you are still a bit low on budget. The biggest difference between 2.1 and 2.2 that I have found through my reading is that 2.2 will have flash.

sylvestor

Nov 1, 2010
Generally, terms you listed above are a little tough matched. Generally, you can take a look at this one. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ch-android-2-2-os-tablet-fantastic-price.html
This is a 8'' Android 2.2 tablet but it's not too much different to 7'' tablet. As I know, it's the cheapest Android 2.2 tablet in the market and I think this price is really close to you budget.

Thanks Nowsupplier.

I checked the link, but I could not figure out if this had hdmi output of 1080p ?

My main reason to get the tablet would be to stream internet tv (and hd youtube) videos to my 1080p tv.

Please advise if you know if the "Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip" can output hdmi 1080p ?

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
sylvestor,
The "Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip" doesn't have HDMI output due to it's original configuration,
but there are other five tablets with HDMI for your reference.
iMito iM7-Android 2.1 Tablet PC-MID-7"TFT Touch Screen-Telechips TCC8902
SmartQ V5 4.3" Touchscreen Android MID Internet Tablet
Android 2.1 OS 10 Inch LCD Touch Screen MID
SmartQ V7 7.0" Touchscreen Android MID Internet Tablet
SmartQ T7-3G Touch Screen Google Android 2.1 Tablet PC
They are all listed in this category. Shopping Ipad Style Notebook&NetBook, UMPC & MID
There are three tablets with prices no more than $180 and I hope you can find one martch you needs.

Last edited: