Need your Help to Get HC on your MID7024 or MID8024?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I am working on another brand 8" as we speak so far so good. I've fixed the memory I/O allocation issue with these tablets. Increase RAM free and buffering is higher and stable. I would like to test this COBY model also. Those interested PM me or post here.

Build.prop and default.prop
Must be rooted
Android OS 2.2
Tell me how much RAM is free after your 512MB

On 8024 how the fonts large or tiny?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Real Honeycomb or themed 2.2 to look like Honeycomb? As of yet there is no recovery for our tablets if something goes wrong. It may be worth the risk for Honeycomb, but not for a Honeycomb theme of 2.2 imo

momac

Apr 15, 2011
Real Honeycomb or themed 2.2 to look like Honeycomb? As of yet there is no recovery for our tablets if something goes wrong. It may be worth the risk for Honeycomb, but not for a Honeycomb theme of 2.2 imo

I concur with the above, the first logical step is finding a reliable means of recovery. I know there are others awaiting the same.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Thanks for being interested. I've already stated have tried this on 8" on different brand running OS 2.1 since the builds I make are based on OS 2.1/2.2/2.3 and would like to try it on 7". Your tablet needs to be rooted and you have access to Root Explorer. First test to see if you tablet can be boosted like I've done with the COBY 7015/7015. But hose max out at 256MB. Yours has 512MB. I'll need a copy of your build.prop and default.prop in the system folder. Let me know if you would like to try this. As far as HC side that GUI on an 8" the images are larger. Those that have 8024 and would like to try let me know.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Well yes don't you have OS 2.2? Not a theme since we're going to re-program the device to run better. First before ported over any GUI to it. I can make you have HC right now we do have a file floating around with that. Think of it has MOD Hybrid.

rsnoonan

May 12, 2011
I have had 7024 for 2 weeks. Have installed market, most apps on external 8g sdcard. Was able to get netflix running without problems using xda solution. I am interested in continuimg development of this device. Main problem remaining is with network location. Apps that require location just do not work correctly (g maps, places, etc.) or will not even install (weather bug) Would like to see if HC may be able to fix this problem

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
see if you have networklocation.apk file in your system/app folder? if its not there this might be your problem.
i had the same issues with my coby 7015 untill i installed the file and it works now. you might have to pull it from another source or ROM. i used watery 1.1 rom for 7015. not sure about your tablet though if it will work, but you can try.

Last edited:

rsnoonan

May 12, 2011
Have networklocation.apk in correct folder. Get an error whenever I click on it. Netloc would not install like other market Apk's from zip file. Just moved it to the system/app folder.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
thats the source of your problem. its not installed.. maybe you need to uninstall then re-install using root explorer or find another networklocation.apk file and install. or maybe somenone can upload one for your tablet.

sicvolo

May 28, 2011
.... I'll need a copy of your build.prop and default.prop in the system folder. Let me know if you would like to try this. As far as HC side that GUI on an 8" the images are larger.
PM'd you the details for 7024. Hope HC is still ok on the 7'' 800x480

Rowalndiv

Sep 10, 2011
recently rooted my 8024 so that i could disable the annoying buttons on the bottom. Rooting it and running button savior works great! Would love to upgrade my 2.2 to HC and max out my Samsung cortex processor. Any help thanks so much! Cool forum!