NETFLIX FIX for some 8" 3:4 Tablets, as of 12/4/2011

OldNoob

Dec 4, 2011
Ok after just about pulling my hair out and canceling my netflix i figured this out.
If you are having problems getting Netflix to work on your 4:3 8in Android tablet you might try the following. If it works please leave a reply.
I have gotten this to work on both a Herotab MID816 and a Coby Kryos MID8024.

#1 Uninstall all previous versions of Netflix ( may have to do this three times).
#2 Go to Application manager and make sure you clear all data in all google market and other type of "Market" apps you may have. Also clear any App checker, Google certificate and Installer data.
#3 download This Unckecked version com.netflix.mediacliant_1.2.2.apk
The netflix app may open in portrait mode but the movies and shows will play in landscape.

DO NOT try to update Netflix,, if you do you will have to go through it all over again.
The problem is with Google Market , it checks your version. and then doesn't recognize your device and says your device is not compatible.
Hope this works for you.

Please give thanks to the following people at XDA Developers for their hard work making this work:
───────────────────────────────────
s0be
Mistar Muffin
gottahavit
skyjedi
diablo2224
dizgustipated f
flappjaxxx

Last edited:

zhong

Oct 26, 2011
com.netflix.mediacliant_1.2.2.apk

This version works for my Android 2.3 Curtis tablet LT7029.

Is there a more updated version of this program which will work ?-

Each time I enter it prompts me to update. It is very annoying, And I don't wish to update for fear updated version won't work.
Thanks

Ok after just about pulling my hair out and canceling my netflix i figured this out.
If you are having problems getting Netflix to work on your 4:3 8in Android tablet you might try the following. If it works please leave a reply.
I have gotten this to work on both a Herotab MID816 and a Coby Kryos MID8024.

#1 Uninstall all previous versions of Netflix ( may have to do this three times).
#2 Go to Application manager and make sure you clear all data in all google market and other type of "Market" apps you may have. Also clear any App checker, Google certificate and Installer data.
#3 download This Unckecked version com.netflix.mediacliant_1.2.2.apk
The netflix app may open in portrait mode but the movies and shows will play in landscape.

DO NOT try to update Netflix,, if you do you will have to go through it all over again.
The problem is with Google Market , it checks your version. and then doesn't recognize your device and says your device is not compatible.
Hope this works for you.

Please give thanks to the following people at XDA Developers for their hard work making this work:
───────────────────────────────────
s0be
Mistar Muffin
gottahavit
skyjedi
diablo2224
dizgustipated f
flappjaxxx