New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

chrisr6

Dec 16, 2012
Hi,

Im using Onda Vi40 elite v3. updated to latest firmware available (1.4). Booted to recovery and did factory wipe, then install from SD. Installed roots.zip successfully then it boots without anything installed and all chinese apps still installed. Help please!

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
I have a dumb question. Will this delete the apps that I have downloaded and are already on the tablet? Sorry but its my first tablet and first android.

debbie0413

Dec 16, 2012
Finally...SUCCESS! At first I had the files in a folder, then later I must have had a bad copy of them on my mini SD card. I finally was able to get a clean firmware update along with (I think) a good rooting. At least, the tablet is lightening fast now. However, the first tablet I was working on just died. I will re-charge it to see if it recovers. It just may be a bad unit, although it was working without the firmware update for a few days. Anyway, thanks again!!!

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I have a dumb question. Will this delete the apps that I have downloaded and are already on the tablet? Sorry but its my first tablet and first android.

Only if your updating to JB 4.1.1 if you just use the root section it will only delete the chinese apps.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi,

Im using Onda Vi40 elite v3. updated to latest firmware available (1.4). Booted to recovery and did factory wipe, then install from SD. Installed roots.zip successfully then it boots without anything installed and all chinese apps still installed. Help please!

Why are you using the recovery menu? Have you got the factory_update_param.aml file on sdcard? it should auto install, no need to factory reset? If you are doing it through the recovery menu you must wipe/reset clear cache and media.

jakedamuss

Dec 16, 2012
Hi guys a newbie here Onda Vi40 elite V1 need to update but im not sure how to do it. Any guidance would be appreciated:confused:

kcirtap420

Dec 12, 2012
Ok noob here I had followed guide and rooted my V701 but it wasnt working right. So I updated from the onda website to 4.0.3 android and base 1.5.5 and deleted everything from the file on my sd. So now I just follow the root section and it should work right? Or do I need any other files. I have working gmail and play store now but a lot of games and apps aren't compatible that I want. When I rooted last time I just got server errors on play store.

EDIT- Updated to jellybean after getting file from onda, rooted all apps work and this thing is fast now. Ranking #2 or 3 on any benchmark I put it through. Well got 6 once but that was with downloads going and music playing.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Ok noob here I had followed guide and rooted my V701 but it wasnt working right. So I updated from the onda website to 4.0.3 android and base 1.5.5 and deleted everything from the file on my sd. So now I just follow the root section and it should work right? Or do I need any other files. I have working gmail and play store now but a lot of games and apps aren't compatible that I want. When I rooted last time I just got server errors on play store.

EDIT- Updated to jellybean after getting file from onda, rooted all apps work and this thing is fast now. Ranking #2 or 3 on any benchmark I put it through. Well got 6 once but that was with downloads going and music playing.

Hows your wifi signal?

kcirtap420

Dec 12, 2012
Hows your wifi signal?

Its excellent actually I was worried but I can go twice as far than when I was on ICS. No dropouts so far or slow downs until I get about 30-40 feet away. Down speed 18Mbps up 3.5 ping 25. Out in the yard down 5Mbps up is same ping 36. I do have some problems audio gets glitchy while listening to music when the screen is off. Netflix pauses for about a second every now and then. Last so far is some games are still incompatible. Will keep you updated but as I said I'm new to this just know a few things.

Sent from my ONDA MID using Android Tablet

dalesalida

Dec 18, 2012
hi!
Another newbie here...

I follow the steps from the first post firmware/root booth of them fails.... (cant mount sd) checking laters post i found a mention to installation of archives from file "V701D_v2.0-SD.zip", the question is...previous to firmware/root its necesary the installation of the 2.0 update or not?

Thanks for all

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
Only if your updating to JB 4.1.1 if you just use the root section it will only delete the chinese apps.
Is the new firmware the Jb package? I am currently on ICS, can I just apply the root section with that and get rid of the chinese apps? Thanks in advance. Sorry about all the noob questions. I'm sure there will be a lot like me/us with Christmas almost here.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
hi!
Another newbie here...

I follow the steps from the first post firmware/root booth of them fails.... (cant mount sd) checking laters post i found a mention to installation of archives from file "V701D_v2.0-SD.zip", the question is...previous to firmware/root its necesary the installation of the 2.0 update or not?

Thanks for all

Format your sdcard to FAT32, you can try putting all the files inside V701D_v2.0-SD.zip on sdcard, except the .doc files but it is telling you it cant mount the sdcard so try a format if still problem then try a different sd.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Is the new firmware the Jb package? I am currently on ICS, can I just apply the root section with that and get rid of the chinese apps? Thanks in advance. Sorry about all the noob questions. I'm sure there will be a lot like me/us with Christmas almost here.

Yes the JB is available for the 711 dual core (link below), but if your happy on ICS then the just use the root section, it will rid it of the chinese apps/spyware and solve the missing apps in playstore, i would advise the upgrade as it gets chrome etc working properly and if you get stuck just ask i know how it feels after many years of searching forums etc to get help!

v711 JB 4.1.1_2.0 http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/V711D/V711D_v2.0-SD.zip

Last edited:

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
Yes the JB is available for the 711 dual core (link below), but if your happy on ICS then the just use the root section, it will rid it of the chinese apps/spyware and solve the missing apps in playstore, i would advise the upgrade as it gets chrome etc working properly and if you get stuck just ask i know how it feels after many years of searching forums etc to get help!

v711 JB 4.1.1_2.0 http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/V711D/V711D_v2.0-SD.zip
Thank you for the quick reply. I am happy with ICS but everyone says that JB is better so I probably will just do it all. I already have Google play working on it so I have some apps/games downloaded already but I can always reload the games. I'm not too worried about Chrome since I have never used it but it is probably better than the stock browser by a mile. Thanks again.