new s7 slim

KenjiBeast

Mar 22, 2011
Check my post, #57 on this thread. There is a link to Huawei's website with product details. Yes, it has flash! ^_^

I was this-> || close to grabbing myself a used ipad. Guess I'll just have to wait it out for this thing to finally come out.

Honestly every budget android tab I've seen up until this one has had some vital flaw (resistive touch, no GPS, no flash, 2.1, etc...), and I'm really pleasantly surprised that they managed to cram so much awesome into such a reasonable package. NOW IT JUST NEED TO COME OUT IN USA

CMON HUAWEI PLEASEEE

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
Huawei Ideos S7 Slim Android tablet hits the FCC

Okay everybody BIG UPDATE- Apparently we have a GPS in, which is awesome IMHO. TBH the only thing I'm still wondering about is flash- does it has? D:
A lot of interesting info in the user guide from the FCC docs:

• The battery looks bigger than original S7
  • There is an external battery pack/charger, "Charging Partner", but it is an optional accessory - hope Huawei does better job of supplying those accessories to the retailers than with the original S7.
  • SIM is "supposed" to enable both data and voice usage - depending on provider of course.
  • There is a tethering setup option via USB or wifi - if the SIM/service enables data.
  • Interesting looking 3-in-1 cable for charging and data, but they caution against using the full-size USB end to connect to PC for purpose of feeding the power connector end - wonder how many will ignore that to see "what happens"? I have USB power adapters with 1-2 amp ratings (1000-2000 mA), and would be tempted...
Unfortunately, that guide is very much about usage, and has no hard specs - maybe the boxed copy will be more complete in that regard.

The test report doc states:
2.1.1 General Description
The S7 supports wireless interfaces such as Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM),
General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE), Universal
Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS), High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA), and
High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) interfaces and provides services such as Short Message
Service (SMS), Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS), voice, and data transmission services.

Note: Only WLAN function was considered in this report.

. . .
4.2.2 Battery
Type: Rechargeable Li-ion
Manufacturer: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Battery Model: HB4G1H
Rated capacity: 3250mAh [almost 50% more capacity!]
Nominal Voltage: +3.7V
Charging Voltage: +4.2V
HTH