Newbie with Huawei S7 - No Instruction booklet or startup disk???

Thespian530

Dec 27, 2010
Hi All - New to tablets. Computer didn't recognize tablet and I had to download drivers from the huawei website. There doesn't seem to be any kind of instruction booklet except for the small basic version it came with. Does anyone know where you can download it?

Even with the driver downloaded and the computer setting up the driver, the computer does not see it as an external device. Am I missing something?

Seems to me it should be easier to set up than this. Help anyone? Thanks.

Jakerawk

Dec 21, 2010
Drivers aren't necessary. Once the device is plugged in you'll see a notification on the left side of the devices notification window (the thing that comes up when you tap the two white rectangles at the top right) that says mount sd card. Tap that and it should work.

sent using my huawei ideos s7

Thespian530

Dec 27, 2010
The guide on the website is the same 10 page guide that comes with the tablet. Anyone know of a complete guide? Seems to me that there would be a more complete guide for such a multi faceted item.

marianbradley

Nov 21, 2010
I haven't seen a manual any place. It has been trial and error. The help for me was that I have an android phone so the S7 was similar. You don't need drivers for the S7. All you need to do is connect it to your pc and go to the notifications on the tablet and mount the SD card or mount the internal SD card. It is then just a matter of copying music, video, etc. to the tablet. The device is actually fairly easy to operate and there is quite a bit of info on this forum. Enjoy it!!

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Forums are really the only user guide that i have seen for most android devices.

Sent from my Ideos S7

tjanuario

Dec 28, 2010
http://www.clove.co.uk/download.aspx?download=E66F08BE-EC8B-4707-943A-9A95E6963C46

Although, for whatever reason it doesn't seem to be working for me right now as the site isn't even coming up in my machine. I have downloaded the file and confirmed that it is a much better and more complete manual. If the link doesn't work for you, I can find another way to get you my copy.

With regards to your other question, you need to go into Settings > SD Card and Tablet Storage . Then find the SD card you want to get access to from your computer and choose the Unmount option for that card. Kind of a pain but that's what we have. Once you have unmounted it, it should become available to your computer as an external hard drive.

Last edited:

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
http://www.clove.co.uk/download.aspx?download=E66F08BE-EC8B-4707-943A-9A95E6963C46

With regards to your other question, you need to go into Settings > SD Card and Tablet Storage . Then find the SD card you want to get access to from your computer and choose the Unmount option for that card. Kind of a pain but that's what we have. Once you have unmounted it, it should become available to your computer as an external hard drive.

To see your sd cards on your computer they need to be mounted to the computer not unmounted. A very simple way to do this is to plug in your usb cable. On your home screen of the S7 click on the icon on the upper right corner ( it looks like 2 white squares with an i in the middle ) . It should be flashing at this point but if not thats ok too. You will see notifications on the left side column. ( The right side is apps that are currently running ). Two of the notifications will be called usb connected, one for the internal sd card and the other for the sd card which is removable. Click on the one you want to mount to your computer and click mount. Now you can see your sd card on your computer and move files around. It will show up as a removable disk under my computer. ( just a quick tip, i renamed both my sd cards to something familiar to make it easier to find on the computer ). Once you are done you will need to unmount sd card from computer to view files directly from your S7. Just follow the same steps to unmount.

Hope this helps

Ives

Edit - a quick thought, you can mount both cards and move files from one to the other if needed, just make sure the app that needs the files can read both cards. Example - aldiko cannot read the external sd card so all books need to stay on the internal card.

Last edited: