[News] Barnes & Noble already takes delivery of 3 million Nook Colors

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Barnes & Noble has taken delivery of close to three million Nook Color e-book readers from its production partner, according to an estimate by sources from the Nook Color supply chain.

With a clear differentiation to Apple's iPads in display size, targeted market and pricing, the Nook Color, priced at US$249, has actually taken up over 50% of the iPad-like market in the North America market, indicated the sources.

Sales of the Nook Color topped one million units in the North America in the fourth quarter of 2010 and reached 600,000-700,000 units a month during the January-February period of 2011, the sources noted.

Barnes & Noble outsources the production of the Nook Color e-book readers to Inventec, noted the sources, adding that Inventec has landed tablet PC orders from Hewlett-Packard (HP).
Barnes & Noble already takes delivery of 3 million Nook Color e-book readers, say sources

Nice. :)

Well that goes along with the rough productions numbers of 18,000 per day X 30 days X ~5 months.

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
this is what caught my eye...."the Nook Color, priced at US$249, has actually taken up over 50% of the iPad-like market in the North America market, indicated the sources.'

50% of the ipad like mkt..!!!!! that is HUGE....no wonder they upped their price on HSN..

I think last count they sold nearly 20,000 on HSN in one day..and got HUGE press for that action.. Not bad

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Good news! Finally getting some notice with big numbers being thrown around :) Go Nook color!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I just went on B&N site on their forum, to see how many members they have because those are owners who didn*t root thei nook. NOt for long though....this post was posted few hours ago right on B&N site after somebody said he saw a chapter about rooting on what he thought was the -nook color user guide-but in fact was a look-alike deceiving booklet.
I guess the three million sold are going to be all rooted soon! $11-03-28-4.png