nook forum competition

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
So the Nook forum is growing fast, and there moderator has challenged them to replace our lovely S7 as the most popular tablet specific forum here. My question is, are we gonna let that happen?
Troublemaker!!!!!

Oh crap, I just increased the Huawei message count!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

-Matt

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hey Rico, I was gonna give you a call to talk about the differences between the Nook and the S7, but then I realized oh yeah! the Nook doesn't have phone capability or a microphone....what a shame! :p

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hey Rico, I was gonna give you a call to talk about the differences between the Nook and the S7, but then I realized oh yeah! the Nook doesn't have phone capability or a microphone....what a shame! :p
Not true, not true...if not now, then soon we'll have USB microphone functionality, and Skype. So OK, not CELL phone calls, but calls in a meaningful sense!

Plus, WHO WOULD USE a $250 eReader to make phone calls?!?!? That's so nerdy...like using your iPad as a TV remote. ;)

-Matt

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Ah gadgetrants, you obviously don't have an S7, otherwise you would have better understanding of the device and appreciate more about it's subtle nuances!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Ah gadgetrants, you obviously don't have an S7, otherwise you would have better understanding of the device and appreciate more about it's subtle nuances!
Sorry for the misunderstanding...and it's a doozy! I'M ONE OF THE BAD GUYS! I'm an Nook owner, and I need to stop posting in your subforum, dagnab-it. But I got lured over here... :(

My point was the Nook Color will have calling functionality...er, um...soon...

Plus (not to bait you or anything but) I have a DROID! It does a bunch of things very well, in particular, calls. ;)

-Matt

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Good you have a droid....since you will need it to have something to tether your Nook to if you want Internet when there is no WiFi around.....

Game...set....match?

LOL.

Good fun! I too have both a Droid phone AND i got a Color Nook...of course, I did give that to my daughter who is 13....

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I'm not responding to these taunts any more because I don't want the Huawei post count to go up any more! :p:mad::cool:

-Matt

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
I play on both sides of the fence.......and then some......

$IMG_0623.jpg