Off-Topic Discussion

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
We have been there. It takes a lot longer then that to pour a beer in Munich. :)

Maybe you missed it, that wasn't beer it was iBeer which everybody knows is faster, smoother and more highly crafted :rolleyes:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
And waaaay more expensive.

You're right, I did forget to mention that. I also forgot to mention it is served at one temperature that you can't pick or change, you must drink it from an iGlass and all purchases and flavor selections must be made through iTunes and if your local bar has been chosen to carry iBeer you can only find it in a special section away from all of the other beers on tap.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
J515OP said:
You're right, I did forget to mention that. I also forgot to mention it is served at one temperature that you can't pick or change, you must drink it from an iGlass and all purchases and flavor selections must be made through iTunes and if your local bar has been chosen to carry iBeer you can only find it in a special section away from all of the other beers on tap.

This is the Apple DRM "drinking rights management"

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
J515OP said:
Maybe you missed it, that wasn't beer it was iBeer which everybody knows is faster, smoother and more highly crafted :rolleyes:

Sounds like something a non-beer drinker would say. :)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Spider said:
We're beer drinkers JB, we just haven't progressed to the professional level like yourself.:eek:

Yikes, I am glad I don't live that close to civilization. An iBeer aisle, hey?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
But he did get away! He's probably plotting his revenge right now.:rolleyes:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This is a Nook forum, so this is a Nook question. Is it true the Color Nook has only 1 gb of usable memory? I am running out of time to get granddaughter a tablet for her birthday and have pretty much narrowed it down to that or the Kindle Fire. Leaning toward the Nook even though it is a bit more expensive.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No, not really true. It has ~5GB usable memory (8GB - 3GB for the OS and system = ~5GB). Plus you have a micro-SD card slot that officially supports up to 32GB cards and in practice can support cards larger than that. The Kindle Fire has no expandable memory.

Nook Color more expensive than the Kindle Fire? That doesn't sound right unless you just happen to have a good deal lined up for the Fire. did you see this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/40334-refurbished-nook-color-115-2-days-only.html? I can't imagine you can get a fire for around that price.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
J515OP said:
No, not really true. It has ~5GB usable memory (8GB - 3GB for the OS and system = ~5GB). Plus you have a micro-SD card slot that officially supports up to 32GB cards and in practice can support cards larger than that. The Kindle Fire has no expandable memory.

Nook Color more expensive than the Kindle Fire? That doesn't sound right unless you just happen to have a good deal lined up for the Fire. did you see this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/40334-refurbished-nook-color-115-2-days-only.html? I can't imagine you can get a fire for around that price.

Done deal. Thanks JP! Got one ordered. Maybe I'll go back and order another one, but don't know what I would do with it. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I think you got the right tablet and got a great deal as well. Don't worry about the memory, I'm pretty sure that will be plenty. I've got 350 songs, 80 books, about 100 apps and lots of pictures and documents on mine and it's still got room for more.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have purchased 3 Nook Colors and 1 Nook Tablet. They tend to make really good gifts, particularly for people testing the tablet waters. At the price you can't go wrong. A little work and they are great tablets running CM7 or CM9 (Gingerbread and ICS respectively).

1 NC and the NT are my tinkering devices which for the price, the developer support and the difficulty in bricking (nearly impossible) they make great learning and tinkering toys too.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
J515OP said:
I have purchased 3 Nook Colors and 1 Nook Tablet. They tend to make really good gifts, particularly for people testing the tablet waters. At the price you can't go wrong. A little work and they are great tablets running CM7 or CM9 (Gingerbread and ICS respectively).

1 NC and the NT are my tinkering devices which for the price, the developer support and the difficulty in bricking (nearly impossible) they make great learning and tinkering toys too.

Plus now I am signed up with Newegg and will get the weekly deals.