Off-Topic Discussion

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
JP,Spider...do you remember some time ago you were talking about an app.that allow one to send msm from a tablet,I believe I'd like to use it with my new tablet .....

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It must have been JP Gloria, I've never used an app like that on my tablet.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
JP,Spider...do you remember some time ago you were talking about an app.that allow one to send msm from a tablet,I believe I'd like to use it with my new tablet .....

Did you mean SMS? If so, I use Google Voice to send SMS texts from my tablet. I have also heard good things about TigerText too but have not used it myself.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Did you mean SMS? If so, I use Google Voice to send SMS texts from my tablet. I have also heard good things about TigerText too but have not used it myself.

Yep, I use Google Voice too. It is a pretty neat service allowing you to have one number on multiple devices and land lines. There are many options available though if you search in the play store. The video chat app Tango (video calling like Skype and Face Time) supports texts too though I haven't tried texting with it yet.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you guys.....you are such gret rescuers! I like the idea of an app that does that....I found a great one: mysms for pc and Mac . My inbox on the tablet is synced with my phone....that's how google voice work? I couldn't find anything before on the market because I was looking for msm instead of sms!:mad:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have the Google Voice app on my iPhone and TF101. I can get to it on any PC at voice.google.com too.

All stay in sync too.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
$iPad.jpg

Generation Gap?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
The Nook I gave granddaughter for her birthday seems to have a couple issues. Once in awhile it freezes up when she is using it. Also the n button doesn't always work. Otherwise my daughter says she loves it and uses it a lot.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The Nook I gave granddaughter for her birthday seems to have a couple issues. Once in awhile it freezes up when she is using it. Also the n button doesn't always work. Otherwise my daughter says she loves it and uses it a lot.

Neither of those is very normal. If you modify it either internal or with an SD card it will add soft buttons like ICS. That at least addresses the n button issue and chances are will alleviate the freezing although all tablets freeze once in a while. If it is frequent freezing more than likely an app is responsible.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
My daughter said it happened 30-50% of the time and it didn't matter what app. I was thinking of sending her an SD with CM7 already installed to see if that helps. I will go back and look at your booting instructions and see if it might be something she could handle. Is there a different way to modify it? Thanks JP!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There are several ways to modify, from rooting to custom ROMs. The custom ROMs can be done on internal memory or on a bootable SD card. The instructions are pretty straight forward but do require a little effort to download and carefully go through the steps. Purchasing a card is easier but costs a little more. Either way using a Nook Color running a custom ROM (usually CM7) is a much better experience than stock.