Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdwills3521

Dec 30, 2010
Since it's the 26th Android they've had it at launch point reached for a month now they'll probably have it by Wed. On Monday they'll have Android official announcement, Tuesday they'll probably due some final tests. But its just purely hypothetical. Huawei will probably realize if te original s7 owners real only go pro if they stick to the 1st quarter promise.

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
It was revealed yesterday that Google do not intend to open source honeycomb - at least not yet, so we are gonna have to wait

See theregister.co.uk

Pete, on the move...

What I read was that they will restrict it to tablet manufacturers since they did not want to spend time on "downsizing" Honeycomb to the phone form factor, thus delaying its release longer (nice turnabout from the upscaling issues of pre-3.0 Android versions from phone to tablet form factor). That should leave it available to Huawei for its tablets I would think.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011

dethanjl

Mar 15, 2011
Huawei site won't let me post even tho i registered.
They have 1 day left in the first quarter!
I was told the update would be ready when I bought the s7 by best buy.
Should have gone with the samsung I guess, at least they have real support!
I just figgured I had plenty to learn on till the update came, now I'm just frustrated!
Was Impressed enough with the tab to think about a huawei phone in my future, but not if this is what they call support!

Mdwills3521

Dec 30, 2010
Its the first day of the sceond quarter in China this Wills unacceptable!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Starting to think that the 2.2 update is being held back for the S7 Slim launch as a marketing decision. I was told the 2.2 update was ready early this month, engineering-wise. Early this week, tech support still told me that the update was due for end of March. Today, they said the update is in development again.

Mdwills3521

Dec 30, 2010
I was thinking com buying the Pro but not anymore. I love this thing though.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
Are you guys feeling we are being cheated by Wuawei regarding the Android 2.2 upgrade? If I knew no 2.2 upgrade until April or May, I would definitely have returned my S7 to BB in February. Simply waiting for s7 Slim is better choice.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Are you guys feeling we are being cheated by Wuawei regarding the Android 2.2 upgrade? If I knew no 2.2 upgrade until April or May, I would definitely have returned my S7 to BB in February. Simply waiting for s7 Slim is better choice.
The only problem being he $500+ currently being quoted by a chinese supplier!
Mine was $250 and I can't see that ever being beaten so I'm happy to wait it out and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.