ok stupid Angry Birds install issue....I know I know...

discothan

Feb 16, 2011
So, I'm behind the times...and I had no idea what Angry Birds is/was....

I have my NC rooted after upgraded to 1.1.0 using autonooter3.
I'm using the appbrain market to install programs from the market.

It will allow me to install Angry Birds Seasons, but when I try to install Angry Birds
or Angry Birds Lite, it just kicks me back to the app info screen with the "Install" button.

I'm guessing that the market is flagging my device as Nook Color and not something else and is denying me the ability to install this Angry Birds program.

How do I work around this? What other methods of install should I try? I do not have adb, but I can do the apk copy and force an app install. Problem is..I need to find the Angry Birds apk.

Thoughts...suggestions?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
First try restarting your device. Happened with me once actually, a simple reboot solved it :)

melrowgo

Sep 22, 2010
Not a stupid question at all. I still cannot get the original AB to show up on Market. Had to side-load it from a backup on my Droid X...

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I read on another forum that the latest AB update looks for SMS capabilities on the device and will not show up in the Market if they aren't there.

So I got the APK and installed it manually.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
That was the case for that first morning of the update jinnijinn...rovio had it fixed within a couple hours.

Has anyone actually tried using their computer and going to the android market and getting it to install from there...I have offered the link twice...my computer can find it no problem, and my nook appears on the list, so android is acknowledging my device and saying it is okay.

discothan

Feb 16, 2011
Side loading was the way that worked for me.
I had to locate the apk for it and loaded onto the SD card.
Used Root Explorer to install.

Thanks all for the suggestions!
I now hate that this game exists in my life.

Smaugy

Feb 18, 2011
I pulled the apk for Angry Birds 1.5.2 off of my Droid X and have tried to side load it. But for some reason I can't get it to install on the nook color. I have tried thru the market and appbrain and also side load it and the upgrade fails.

Anyone else having this issue also? Or is it just me? running 1.1 firmware currently......without appbrain Angry Birds doesn't show in the market.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I pulled the apk for Angry Birds 1.5.2 off of my Droid X and have tried to side load it. But for some reason I can't get it to install on the nook color. I have tried thru the market and appbrain and also side load it and the upgrade fails.

Anyone else having this issue also? Or is it just me? running 1.1 firmware currently......without appbrain Angry Birds doesn't show in the market.

-Get an older version, 1.5.2 is very recent
-In Nook Color Tools, uncheck and recheck "allow non-market apps"
-Always sideload from apk on sd card
-Try a different file browser to open the apk

Smaugy

Feb 18, 2011
Well I can see it in the market now that I went to the 2.6 version of the market. Problem is that is failing to load thru the market and also side loading - which both work for other apk's that I have installed. With Angry Birds I am getting "Package not signed correctly".

Any clues?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Well I can see it in the market now that I went to the 2.6 version of the market. Problem is that is failing to load thru the market and also side loading - which both work for other apk's that I have installed. With Angry Birds I am getting "Package not signed correctly".

Any clues?

You have an old version still installed, uninstall it first then install your new version.