Poor build quality? Many Nooks replaced several times?!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I have had no issues at all with my Nook Color. It's been great since the day I got it in my hot little hands.

I bet I'm in the vast majority too.

Hear hear! Still on my first NC as well. With 500,000+ sold, I can only expect the number of issues to be a small percentage of total sold. No knock on wood for me since the breakage of my NC will probably be of my own doing..... but hopefully not. lol :)

karen3

Sep 6, 2011
i have the original nook. it was replaced once under the store warranty. the replacement is the same. it freezes EVERY TIME i attempt to use it. it is very slow on ANY setting. i cannot delete books unless i go thru my computer. i have seen countless websites devoted to self fixes and complaints about the nook. if i didn't already have such an investment in it with the books i have purchased (which i am betting is what b&n counts on), i would have already chucked it in the trash. there are so many ways that B&N could make this a good product, but i think in a few years because of poor product and poor consumer service for a fix, it will not be on the market any longer. i will buy a laptop.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Life is more fun with "Thumb keyboard"and CM 7 build 160.
No problems and no takebacks.
Maybe I have a perfect Nook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, finally received my NC, overall I'm happy except light leaking around the bottom edge of the screen.
I'm sure my folks wont notice so I'm not worry about it :)
Now if I can just figure out how to install Smart keyboard on it ...

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I have had no quality/build problems with my Nook Color. *knocks on wood*

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i have the original nook. it was replaced once under the store warranty. the replacement is the same. it freezes EVERY TIME i attempt to use it. it is very slow on ANY setting. i cannot delete books unless i go thru my computer. i have seen countless websites devoted to self fixes and complaints about the nook. if i didn't already have such an investment in it with the books i have purchased (which i am betting is what b&n counts on), i would have already chucked it in the trash. there are so many ways that B&N could make this a good product, but i think in a few years because of poor product and poor consumer service for a fix, it will not be on the market any longer. i will buy a laptop.

Sorry to hear you had issues with the original Nook. It sounds like B&N has learned since then offering a great products in the Nook Color and Nook Simple Touch. For both products they offer customer support and forums as well as a very easy replacement policy for the devices and even the power cords.

On top of that the Nook Color has grown a wonderful user and developer community making it one of the best tablets on the market at a truly entry level price. If you dont want to lose what you have invested in your library you may want to consider a Nook Color as a reader/tablet or the Simple Touch as just a reader.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
sorry to hear about your experience - i've bought and rooted close to 8 nook colors, some are used from craigslist, and all have been running smooth for many months now - and with rooting/changing roms etc.. i come to see the nook as an unbrickable device

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Same here, my nook was perfect , so perfect that somebody decided to steal it. Waiting for my second one which will be as good as the first one I'm sure.
gg

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Got my second one...perfect as well!
Gg

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Android Tablet Forum

CRS1

Aug 28, 2011
I can't imagine how I lived life without my Nook.

I have it running CM7 off a 32GB MicroSD SanDisk Class 4 card. OC'ed to 925 and it runs like a dream!

I also have my personal email accounts and my work corporate email account configured on it.

It indeed is one of the best investments I made this year.

I never, ever leave home without my Nook.

Cheers to all Nook owners! ;)

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

derelict

Mar 2, 2011
Just thought I would chime in here. I've had my nookcolor about 6-7 months and noticed the power button was acting flakey a few months ago. It started to get to the point where if my finger just grazed the button, it would put the nook to sleep. So this weekend my nook went into a crazy reboot loop and kept rebooting into recovery, so I returned it to stock (I was running the latest CM7 stable release) and called B&N tech support. They are going to send me an advanced replacement. Hopefully this one doesn't have any of the issues you guys have mentioned above...

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
My Nook traveled over 6,000 miles with me in the past month and is still working perfectly. :)