Possible firmware upgrade NextBook3

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
My dad just received 2 NextBook3 Android tablets. These are well designed tablets compared to some that I have seen.

:: Welcome to NextbookUSA.com ::

The firmware is 1.3.23.eclair.eng.root.20101117.141920

I have 2 Zt-180 that I have updated the firmware several times successfully, but I can not seem to find any upgrade for this one. It does not have Market, it has some generic market on it. It was made in November, so the site has no firmware update yet.

Has anyone encountered one of these and have any idea about firmware updates?

I wondered if I could use the burn tool that I use on the zt-180 and just add the 1030 firmware only to this.

yellobronc

Dec 27, 2010
I certainly hope something is available soon as I am having horrible internet connectivity with this thing. Hoping for a firmware update to help that. If not, im sending it back to the place where purchased.

kkathy

Dec 30, 2010
My dad just received 2 NextBook3 Android tablets. These are well designed tablets compared to some that I have seen.

:: Welcome to NextbookUSA.com ::

The firmware is 1.3.23.eclair.eng.root.20101117.141920

I have 2 Zt-180 that I have updated the firmware several times successfully, but I can not seem to find any upgrade for this one. It does not have Market, it has some generic market on it. It was made in November, so the site has no firmware update yet.

Has anyone encountered one of these and have any idea about firmware updates?

I wondered if I could use the burn tool that I use on the zt-180 and just add the 1030 firmware only to this.

How do you find your fireware?
also what is the burn tool you referred too

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
The ZT-180 have a burn tool that comes with them for a firmware update. To see what firmware you have go to settings and about phone.

kkathy

Dec 30, 2010
I have the Next Book 3
that's the device I was looking for the firmware?

I checked on nextbookusa.com and they list firmware as coming soon.

How do I know what firmware is now on my next3?

Many thanks

kkathy

Dec 30, 2010
Thank you
I have:
Build number 1.3.23.ECLAIR.eng.root.20101117.141920
Kernel version 2.6.25
Firmware version Android 2.1

Do you know what I need to change to access the Android Market for apps?
and How would I do this?

Many thanks for answers

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
So far I have seen no ways to get the official market on these. I have installed 2 markets other than the original one on the tablets. Applanet and also Sideways

kornbred6

Jan 12, 2011
I have found a root z4.1.3.0.apk that will temp root this device I found market installer app and installed market but was unsuccessful at getting it to download

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
Yes we have still seen no market or roms for this one yet. The root was easy with the same apk that you used, just no market yet. I am still looking, They are about to release version 4 of their NextBook, so maybe then we will see something new.

chuckles

Feb 11, 2011
I'd be interested in that. This is my 1st android "tablet". I've been the happy owner of an Archos 605 WiFi for over 3 yrs now. I'd like to push this thing a little, but I know it's a limited device.

Donaldj83

Mar 23, 2011
probably you can dump(backup) current firmware from your device, and can make custom rom yourself.
see Dump your Home Tablet rom and create a custom rom - Wiki.ArchosFans.com

if you want pre-rooted image, I can make it too. please upload update.img (dumped from backup partition) somewhere.

i was abel to pull out the images using thows directions but i cant seem to figure out how to root it or modify any of it i uploaded the files to megaupload this is every thing i pulled
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
and to restore it the image is here
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

if you can do this id love you long time!!!! its not for a lack of trying or asking around xda e1 seems busy so i donno wtf to do

Aliza

Apr 2, 2011
I have purchased a nextbook 3 and it was working great. I turned it on and now I have this error message which reads..."Sorry! The applicaltion Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" I press the foreclose button and then another error message comes up "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"...when I press the foreclose button, the first error reappears and I cannot use the table at all. I've tried resetting the tablet but that did not work. It does shut off and on. Did anyone else encounter this problem or can someone offer some assistance? Thanks...

I also get this error message..."Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I keep hitting foreclose and the message just reappears...

Last edited:

RussellAlan

Apr 17, 2011
Hey guys, have a Nextbook 3 in my hands with the same issue above... FC com.google.process.gapps ... Was looking to either flash a different ROM or fix this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks