POV Mobii 7" Tablet running Android 2.1 / no Android Market App

pepperds

Dec 27, 2010
Got one of these for Christmas, really like it and am really looking forward tro learning a lot more about Android and App development. But it's currently running 2.1 and doesn't have the Android Market App on it. Could anyone advise how I could upgrade to 2.2 and be able to access the Android Market directly?

Product Page
:: Point of View ::

Product Spec
CPURockchip 2818 ARM11 600 MHzMemory256 MB DDR2Hard disk4 / 8 / 16 GB NAND FlashOperating systemAndroid 2.1WiFiWifi 802.11 b/gAudio portsheadphone + microphoneSpeakers1WExtention Slotmicro SD card readerUSB Ports1x micro USB 2.0Battery typeLi-polymerBattery capacity4000 mAh
Many thanks.

B.G.

Jan 1, 2011
Hi,
I´ve the same tablet and problem.
There is a way to install the androidmarket, it installs fine and I could browse the market, but sadly its impossible to download apps, every download fails after a few seconds.

Would be very glad about some help

B.G.

Jan 1, 2011
Updated (2.2 style) Market for Android 2.1 - Android @ MoDaCo

Someone told me I need some other google apps to sucessfully run the market (or to say the downloads), but he couldn't tell me which ones I need, so...
I just installed it like every other app.
Created a googleaccount, logged in and was now able to start, search and browse the market. I used it now to look after apps, if I found an interessting one I used google(search) to get it. So I have no restrictions, its just a little bit uncomfortable.

Last edited:

wellhead

Jan 6, 2011
Can any one tell me if u can download skype or fring or similar to the Mobii to enable me to talk to family etc.

preki

Jul 25, 2011
Found a way to update to 2.2 ,non-rooted versions,its cellphone versions.Dont think its changing anything...
Opinions ?
Android Forums

Hi.
I have problem after update my new POV Mobii 7 (Generation 2) to version 1.3.14 (three buttons always glowing green in standby).
I ask support for this problem, they tell me this is a bug on some devices, and they are finishing 2.2 Update, and will be released on web soon.

nicsmotherman

Feb 1, 2012
Hi.
I have problem after update my new POV Mobii 7 (Generation 2) to version 1.3.14 (three buttons always glowing green in standby).
I ask support for this problem, they tell me this is a bug on some devices, and they are finishing 2.2 Update, and will be released on web soon.

Hi preki

Then you have to wait...

MegalosAlx

Jul 24, 2012
Hello everybody
I have the Pov Mobii 7" tablet (Android 2.1). It has built in camera but there`s no app for taking pictures installed. I installed some 4 different photo apps but all of them show only a checkered window and no image at all. When the photo is taken, all apps show just a drawing about android. How can I put the camera to work? Thanks for any help. By the way, I haven't done any firmware update, still with factory preset.

Last edited:

MegalosAlx

Jul 24, 2012
Hi tragidy, thank you for your answer. Here's the final story: I tried with the app you suggested but had the same result, it didn't get any image from the camera.
Then I visited the website Point of View and downloaded the webcam-only-update and the tool to make the upgrade.
But the upgrade failed.
Happily, the tablet entered the recovery mode and after some 10 minutes the system restored and now there's Camera and Cam Recorder icons and the built in camera finally works.
:D