power versus battery

cobynancy

Dec 29, 2010
this may sound like a ridiculous question but i read somewhere that the battery on the coby is only good for 300 charges? I tend to leave it on power when i am not walking around with it...is this maybe a bad practice?

Thanks alot and also thanks to all the information on this site

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Do you happen to remember where you read that? It's a lithium polymer battery, so you could probably just look up that type of battery and get more info.

cobynancy

Dec 29, 2010
it was on an initial review of the product....this reviewer said you also cant replace the battery have to send it back to coby which i find very hard to believe....i will try to track this down ....thanks for the quick reply...

cobynancy

Dec 29, 2010
ahh my mistake the quote on the 300 charges refered to the 7005 not the 7015....but thanks for the link! i really like this unit!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
So do I (other than running out of space on /data). I'm working on a custom boot.img to alleviate the data storage problem. :)

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
l_n,
"custom boot.img"
Please start a thread about that when you get it working. I can see how to unzip the "update.zip", change packages and rezip it but the Coby complains about the signature. Creating a few apks I understand that signing is needed. From the google pages I see some scripts/CLI lines about building and signing custom images but my learning point is I'm still getting the hang of apps first.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I started a thread about moving /data to /nand where I'm posting my thoughts and progress. I'm hoping someone will offer some help. Also, it may be possible to disable the boot logo/animation by changing the init.rc in the boot.img. After I get the custom mtd partitioning done, I'll play with little amusements like that.