Problems Getting My Wifi Internet On Polaroid PMID701i At Home

cherylharrell

Nov 18, 2013
My PMID701i is not getting on the internet. It either says Obtaining IP Address or either Saved and Secured With WEP but will not get me online at all. Sometimes it says Avoided Poor Internet Connection. I know the internet connection is okay cuz my Moms puter works fine on it and so does my PMID4311. I tried doing a total hard reset where it removed everything and I had to reinstall. Which was a real pain. Still no go.

I tried getting online with it at McDonald's and it works there just fine. My PMID 4311 works just fine on the wifi here at home. I tried to delete the wifi connection for home on my PMID 701i and no go. I am still as to what to do to get this thing running on the internet here at home. Frustrating.

Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone know how I can fix it? Tablet works fine otherwise.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

WEP is not a good idea due to poor security but it also doesn't work all that well with some versions of the Android OS. Follow the help link below to the section on WiFi problems. Somewhere there is a solution.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Cheryl, congratulations on your new Polaroid tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. I'd suggest you try resetting the router. Turn it off or unplug it for 30 seconds or so, then turn it on again. This often fixes problems like the one you're experiencing. Enjoy the forum and your tablet!

cherylharrell

Nov 18, 2013
Thanks for the help and the welcome ya'll. The Polaroid PMID701I and the 4311 mini tab aren't new. I got them maybe the summer before this one. I did try resetting the router. Tried doing that resetting the tablet and all that. And no go. Just the pain of reinstalling apps. So this has me stumped.

I am awaiting a ZEKI 10" tablet I got with credit card rewards my mom and I built up. Can't wait to get it. Still I need this one to work as it's a 7 incher. The 4311 is nice for toting around everywhere as it's a small one. Trying to deduce what is wrong with this tab is driving me crazy. People think I know what I am doing on computers but not on this one. Sigh...