problems with wi-fi after rom upgrade

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
i've tried a dozen roms to upgrade from 2.1, which i had to downgrade to after improperly partitioning internal SD card. none of the official roms will install except one 2.1 from the SD card, so that limits some of the custom roms i can use. tri_zet's TRZMOD-V3 works and is the original one i installed after i first got my S7. the problem is now the wi-fi doesn't work. it works with the stock 2.1 rom that will install, but after install it goes from scanning to connecting to disconnected. i've tried it with two different wi-fi sources and no luck. i'm at a loss for why i can't install the official 2.2.2 roms from the SD card and why none of the other roms work, but i'll be happy if i can just get tri_zet's rom working like it used to before SD card partition. thanks for any help.

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
yes, it's rooted. i'll try that file after i put it back together. thanks!

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
will do. it'll probably be next week. i just added wires to the USB leads on the PCB so i can toggle switch between OTG and regular, as well as extending the power input plug for easy access once it's mounted in my car.

sakalsk

Sep 23, 2011
will do. it'll probably be next week. i just added wires to the USB leads on the PCB so i can toggle switch between OTG and regular, as well as extending the power input plug for easy access once it's mounted in my car.

Dont forgot to write manual for that ;) Will be nice to know how to do it...

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
it requires removing the circuit board and soldering relatively small leads, so its definitely not for everyone. it is only useful in the car application i am installing my S7 in. i won't have access to the USB port, so this is the only way to switch between OTG to run an external HD and regular micro USB for hooking up my laptop for programming.