[Q] 1.1Ghz stability and thoughts on power consumption

jaythedogg

Jan 24, 2011
I have this app, pretty cool. 2 point multi-touch as well; wish more points worked.

rico2001,

Not to derail the thread, but how stable is your NC running OC'd to 1.1GHz?

Power consumption pretty heavy? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to derail the thread anymore...

Oh & I am likely going to DL xpiano too. :p

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
rico2001,

Not to derail the thread, but how stable is your NC running OC'd to 1.1GHz?

Power consumption pretty heavy? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to derail the thread anymore...

Oh & I am likely going to DL xpiano too. :p

The NC is very stable at 1.1Ghz. The voltage is set same as stock, which was an issue on the previous 1Ghz kernel. The previous 1Ghz kernel was lowered 25% less than stock to conserve power. The bad thing about that is many NC users needed that 25% to be stable. Some users like myself were ok with the less voltage but many were not. The author had good intentions but lowering the voltage was not good. The guy who created the new 1Ghz and 1.1Ghz kernels left the voltage stock. Now almost all NC people running those kernels are happy and very stable. I've been running the kernel-1100mhz-omap3630 kernel for a few days now and have no issues what so ever.

About power consumption: I use the app SetCPU, like many others do and set power profiles to down scale the cpu to 300 or 600 mhz, when the device is not in use or when battery level reach a certain point. Therefore, my NC's power consumption is around the same as before. I still get 12 hr of use and while asleep, my NC uses only ~1% every 6 hours.

Hope this answered your question and I encourage others to chime in on their experience running at 1.1 Ghz.

MannyPR

Jan 15, 2011
Just to throw in my 2 cents, my experience is just like Rico's. Battery life is awesome for the extra power. Kernel is extremely stable.

Sent from my Nootered Nook running the 1.1ghz OMAP kernel using Android Tablet Forum App

Dizmatic

Dec 17, 2010
Another confirmation that the 1.1ghz is stable. The only difference is a more snappy experience which is a good thing. The NookColor is a great value especially with this kernel installed.

mwhartman

Jan 28, 2011
I'm not sure how the NC compares to the Moto Droid. I can tell you that my rooted OC'd Droid is very fast and stable. I rooted my Droid last January and it has been OC'd ever since. I still have my original battery which last all day. Admittedly, the custom rom that I have installed helps with the performance and battery life as well.

Mike